Saturday, November 28, 2009

S.O.S.

All I want for Christmas is a Full-Time Nanny!!

Never has a deployment been so difficult. I'm not sure why. I've tried to think about it, I mean I've added another kid this time around. But surely, that's not it. After all, what's one more?!?

Things that don't get done when your husband is gone:

Laundry
Groceries - you should see what kind of concoctions I come up with!
Automobile Repairs - I'm due for an oil change, and I have a broken door, how am I supposed to be without a van for 2 days, with 4 kids????
Lawn care - I mow when I can, but I can NOT start the stupid weed wacker/trimmer thing! There are some places with some seriously long grass. Pine Needles EVERYWHERE: I can't start the blower either.

But generally, stuff gets done it just takes me ten times as long, so I've created a black hole of housework that I will never climb out of.

Finally, taking care of kids. Each one is demanding attention, that I just don't have. It feels like I'm consistently letting down someone.

Anyway, I need to get going, I have to shop for the kids online, and I may just spend the extra to have the gifts come wrapped!!

Hope you're enjoying the Holiday Season as much as I.

10 comments:

Lori said...

Oh Lucy, I wish I lived close to you. I would love to help you and would send over my hubbie to take care of all that yard stuff too. I cannot even tell you how much I admire all of you that "serve" here at home while your significant others are away protecting us. I am in awe of your abilities & that constant smile on your beautiful face. Is there anything I can do from here?

Joshua Hensley said...

I know Deborah sympathizes. You are doing a lot better than you give yourself credit for. Hang in there- we're all cheering for you!

Erin said...

I think having #4 does make a huge difference. You are so right that each kid needs so much attention and you are only one person trying to give them each what they need. Don't spread yourself too thin. I wish I could be there to help you.

LNJ said...

I once met a woman when I was working at the Nile, who was starting a grocery store in Indy that made deliveries. It might be worth searching online for.

Gwenda said...

I can only imagine how hard it must be without Josh around. That undone housework can wait. Spend time with your children.

Debbie said...

Wow! I'm praying for you. You can do it, I'm certain!

Des said...

Did you just copy some of my post's from last year??? This sounded a little too familiar. I am so sorry life sucks for you. Lets be honest, it really sucks. There's a good book called "The bathtubs overflowing but I feel drained". It's such a good read. I am planning on calling you in the near future. You have been on my mind lately and I need to just get to my phone!! luv ya :(

Anonymous said...

I have come to the conclusion that there is such a thing as deployment math where things that normally aren't terribly challenging become exponentially more difficult the more children you have while the spouse is gone. Factor in the normal level of difficulty when the spouse is there, and you have something like this:

GOing to church with 4 kids would be 4 to the 4th power times 10 (the highest level of difficulty). So, it would be 2560 times more difficult without Josh.

You get the point. I think deployment math not only lets you off the hook for all of those things that aren't essential, but it also justifies having a live-in nanny and a full on affair with my two favorite men - Ben and Jerry.

Erick said...

I wish I were closer and I would happily help you out! Love you!

becca said...

uh, that was me, not erick before. but I am sure he loves you too.