Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Wanted: Hiding Places.

I know there are those who don't like to "lie" to their children. So they don't tell them about Santa, or his reindeer.

But I relish in it. I lie to them all the time when I tell them I'm the greatest mom in the world, and that they're lucky to have me. Or when I say I LOVE going to church, it's so much fun! And I absolutely believe in allowing my children to believe.

However, I'm discovering that as my kids get smarter, Santa has to, too. No longer is the closet a safe place, thank GOODNESS the UPS man came during the school week, that could have been catastrophic. I am certainly hoping Colson doesn't happen on to my blog by accident. He would be devastated. He's been trying to be good for all of one hour.

Anyway, I'm running out of places to stuff presents, and room in my brain to remember them. So far (next to the washing machine, next to the water heater, in the nazi closet (explanation for another day), up in my closet, under a seat in the car. This list is just to help me remember when it's late at night Christmas Eve and I'm wrapping presents alone... and Can NOT find that other thing!!

Merry Christmas to all!

6 comments:

Erin said...

That is so smart to make a list! I am the worst at forgetting where I hid stuff. My closets aren't safe anymore either. I have put stuff in our big cooler and in the big bins that the Christmas decorations had been in. Hopefully the kids won't look too hard.

Erick said...

this year our stuff is behind the computer armoire, its at an angle, so its perfect to drop stuff behind it. i remember mom forgetting whose presents were whose, and she didnt always have unknown spots. I like to shove sheets or blankets in front of stuff to make it look normal. good luck.

Monique said...

And then add in trying to get them on an airplane in luggage... ug! Online shopping is my friend as I just ship them to the final destination. Good luck with all that. phew!

{leah} said...

We are still good in the stashing presents. But soon, oh, soon we will have to be really creative.

Joshua Hensley said...

Ha Ha- Too funny Lucy, thanks for the laughs.

Gwenda said...

Glad I'm not the only one that can't remember what I bought, who it was for and where I hid it! I start out writing everything down, but then I get lazy with that and don't do it half the time.