Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Top Ten Joys On a Random Wednesday


1. This Book. It includes dirty little secrets from anonymous moms. Like "I do my son's homework just so we can get it out of the way faster. I just grab the pencil and he looks at me like I'm crazy."

2. Beautiful Weather. It was so pretty outside when I was playing with the kids. Never mind the scent radiating from Laila as she ran around...

3. Service from the Relief Society.

4. All day kindergarten. (there's my dirty little secret)

5. Messy kid faces. I'm horrible at keeping my kids faces clean. It can be kind of gross. But today, looking at Miss Laila roaring at me outside with her VERY messy face. I loved it so much I kissed it.

6. Sign Language. Without it, Life with Laila would be even tougher. She signed mama while saying it a few days ago... while looking at my blog with me. That was a long time to wait for her to say mama.

7. This Recipe. I haven't been feeling good today, but this dinner was so yummy.



8. Time alone. I like to pray alone, think alone, be alone. And yet I hate being lonely.

9. Sisters. I have the best sistahs ever. Today we were both miserable, or should I say irritable, everything was irritating. Then all of a sudden I said what the hell, Becca, the only reason I talk to you is to laugh, I haven't laughed the entire time. I told her i was irritated with her irritability. We just laughed, and totally changed our attitudes.



10. Love Letters. One of my best night outs involved a steamed milk, a cozy chair, and this great book. Looking forward to another night out. One day.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I love that Dirty Secrets book! Cracks. Me. Up.

Unknown said...

YAY!!!! Yay for Laila!!! And what a great feeling for you! So glad you got to have that sweet moment with her!

Des said...

Um, thanks for that idea. Steamed milk and a book like that....heaven. Great idea! I remember learning about steamed milk (from you) it is so good. So relaxing and such a nice treat for a mom. I could see how nice that would be...but drinking together with friends was so much fun too. Ahh, the days! miss you:(