Thursday, April 08, 2010

This thing we call life.

Finding Joy Today:

1. My super amazing gym. I enjoyed my first run since the race, I took it easy, my calf muscles are still pissed, but it felt great to get moving. 3 miles is easy.

2. Adventure Central. A day for Hallie to play, use the computer, learn to cook, play outside, just enjoy a day of her spring break!

3. Photography. I taught a class last minute for the young women, and I think it went well! I looked up some old photographs, isn't it great to document our lives through pictures?

4. Sisters. I can count on my sisters anytime. (except for when they are together shopping at Aldi's, WITHOUT ME...)

5. Beautiful Days. I can't seem to get outside enough, these days. Even in the heat, I love being outside. I'm anxiously awaiting Josh to come home so that I can enjoy several runs outside... in preparation for my newest adventure.

6. Marine Corps Marathon. I absolutely love setting goals and achieving them. I dated this guy who told me I could never run the Indianapolis Half Marathon. I hated his arrogance. I ran a half about five years ago, just fine, so there! And now, for me, a goal I've wanted to accomplish for years is on the Horizon. I'm looking forward to having this focus.

And for kicks, I am not thankful for stinky gym guy sitting next to me while I blog.

Enjoy your day!

3 comments:

The Terrell Family said...

Love your lists! Makes me think about the joy I find in my days. Let us know if you do the marathon. Drew is thinking about that one, so maybe we'll be there to cheer you on as well. Who knows if he'll do it, so maybe we'll just come for you!

Slavka said...

Ditto to number 4!! :)

Christy said...

Love the picture of you on your blog. You are such a hottie!!! Love you Marathon goal too. Good luck!