Thursday, March 31, 2011

I sold my soul to the Classic Cookie Company, shamelessly.


As you might know I volunteered to be the PTO (PTA) President at my kids school. I wish I could say it was a hot contentious battle that I barely won, but really, there was no one else to do the job.

As part of this job you get inundated with constant offers that, this fundraising company, or that one, offers the best, most, fill in the blank, benefits to your school. It's an exhausting amount of emails and paperwork to toss (I mean patiently take my time to sort).

One company finally clinched me.

After coming to the school at least three times with BAKED yummy cookies, and countless emails, and even a phone call or two, he made an offer I couldn't refuse. 1,000 cookies for my next PTO event, if he could present at our next board meeting.

I warned him, I said I canceled our last fundraiser where we sold overpriced wrapping paper and crap gifts and that I was adamant there was an obesity crisis in our country in no small part due to gobs of yummy cookie dough, and that our PTO was going to be a nearly, basically totally impossible sell. And yet the poor guy said he would give it a shot.

So... about a month ago we sat through a ten minute, actually very good, presentation, in which we politely declined. We endured. And then today, the cookies have been delivered JUST IN TIME for our school's talent show.

Yes, it was worth it.

1 comment:

Lori said...

moral of this story: thanks to your pic now we all have to go MAKE CHOC CHIP COOKIES!!!!! My kids will love you for this. :)