Tuesday, July 17, 2012

I feel like this blog is an old acquaintance that I knew really well a long time ago, but haven't really caught up in all this time. Its kind of awkward. Where do I start what do I write. I used to have quite a few readers, and I really enjoyed telling my stories. And over time, I believe, I even got better at writing. But it has been SO LONG. RIDICULOUS. And I never wanted to start because I wasn't sure if I could keep up. But for some reason, the blog has been pulling at me. AND THEN. I talked to an old friend, one that I knew really well, and haven't talked to in so long. And initially I was feeling awkward. And then five minutes later we shared a laugh and it's like no time had passed. And I was renewed. I'm hoping for renewal. I have a different computer, I haven't used a camera in months, I have a new phone, it's going to be a challenge to get in the habit again. But I'm not afraid of it. The one thing I spoke to my friend about was people that were authentic. And I'm hoping I will always be authentic when writing. I don't think I have always been so. I prefer posts with pictures. But in this case the good stuff comes to those that stuck it out and read all this. Thanks for reading! P.S. I totally licked poop off my finger yesterday. Of course, I did NOT know that is what is was. I love being a mom. I really do.

4 comments:

April said...

Looking forward to updates!

becca said...

I have some things about blogging that I can tell you that might help.

1. You can pull random pics from the internet, maybe not just of your kids if you feel like you dont have time to mess with all of them at times. So for example, this post you just did...you could use a pic of random strangers looking like friends. I wouldnt do it all the time, but once in a while, sets a vibe.

2. blogger has an iphone app! I just blogged this morning from my phone! It takes patience, and I dont type a lot cause I hate typing on my phone, but you could even post pics, then go back online on your computer to do your writing. Its not perfect, but it works to get those pics off your phone onto the blog.

3. Blogger also has an email, you can set it up so that you email your blog post to email, and it shows up. I have done that too, also from my phone.

Keep going, hope you get your renewal with your old friend...

Unknown said...

Yeah! You're back! I keep all of my not-into-blogging-lately-friends in my reader just in case they show back up. Gross about the poop, but funny!

{leah} said...

I feel the same way after I take a break from writing on my blog.