Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Perfect Job.

3.5 years, 40,000 bucks, blood, sweat, tears, and snotty little kids, and I am the proud owner of a diploma. A B.S. (quite literally) in education. This December marks 10 years since I accomplished the task. (one week before I got hitched, love you, JOsh, BTW, remember I want the ring on the cruise)

I've never actually had my own classroom. I knew I was going to be a teacher. No doubt. But I have so little desire to deal with the bureaucracy of the government controlled classroom, that, I've wondered, what else would I L.O.V.E. to do?

Anyone else with a dilemma like this? I don't regret my education, I enjoyed learning, and if I could get in a classroom, and teach my way, I think I would like it. But seriously, NO CLUE, I guess I don't have to worry about it right now, I just feel a little lost...

So in the meantime? I've picked up a sledge hammer at the Lowe's and have begun the demo on my master bath. I have NO CLUE what I'm doing. But I'm free labor, and seriously you can learn anything on You Tube (including how to be a teacher).

3 comments:

Crystal said...

I have 10 grand in student loans and have to complete student teaching to become a teacher. But guess what? I don't wanna. Seriously. I'm with you on the lack of desire to teach in schools today. It's absurd. Has it come in handy teaching my kids? You bet! I'd rather not set foot in a classroom. (That doesn't mean I won't send my kids to school. I'm counting down the days. XD )

I do find myself in the same spot. What do I want to do with myself? I've got to finish school, but is it worth it to go into more debt to get a degree I won't use?

LNJ said...

Hooray! you opted for the sledge hammer. The thought of you going at it with your screwdriver and hammer was hilarious! We need to start a club.

Debbie said...

I'm right there with you. And, met you because of it, hehe. I have a masters in ed. I did teach in a classroom, 13 years, and loved it, but wouldn't trade my new job as mommy for anything! I do still teach, my children, and sewing to anyone who wants to learn. Not that one needs a masters in ed. to do either of those....