Sunday, October 12, 2014

Life is complicated.

A sister in our ward was recently diagnosed with cancer. It reminded me of when I lived in Muncie and I was going to college. A sister that worked with the youth closely received a similar diagnosis. Within six months she was gone. I was a young, bright eyed college kid. I didn't know much, but I went to see her hours before she died. She was beautiful, surrounded by family. I met the future father of my children in her living room. That was a long time ago. Hearing this other sister's testimony today, was poignant and powerful. She's brave and gorgeous and quirky. I love her. She has done wonders for my son. And today my two children fasted for the first time, while thinking of her. Life is hard. and beautiful. and complicated.

No comments: