Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Oh where oh where have I been?

The last few weeks have been insanely busy, but also rewarding, here's the scoop:

Utah Trip:

Helped assisted my friend Brandee, with an unexpected c-section, while her hubby was gone to Afghanistan...

For those who have known me in the last 4 years, could understand how close to home this was for me. Dads should be there for the delivery, simple as that! Especially in situations like a 1st c-section!! I totally am wonderwoman, you should have seen me covered in the gear (mask, hat, suit, booties, etc.) from head to toe, with two cameras around my neck, instant messaging daddy, while trying to support Brandee all in the middle of surgery! Total Craziness. Although I do have to say the real wonderwoman is now taking care of three alone for the next ten months!

I did my best, but definitely not the same as if he were there. Brandee I hope you're feeling well, I'm not calling you because you should be sleeping NOT sending me care packages, you goof!

Here's pics of my sweet little "goddaughter" Jillian. The only reason I get to have one, is because I was baptized catholic as a baby, so I'm a mormon catholic, and get to have goddaughters. :)




Next, Friend Reunion, Fort Meade Style:

Spent Saturday and Sunday with my girls from Fort Meade, we had so much fun, chatting, scrapping, shopping, eating, beautifying, with no interruptions from kids or hubbies. Super crazy fun!!


Photographer: EMILY H.
Friend Reunion, Bloomington:

Visited with an old friend from when Josh and I were first married, B.C., I like to call it, Before Colson! She's been through a lot the past several years, but continues to amaze me with her strength and courage. By the way, she's working on being a Biology teacher, and she's single... SO.... PM me later, if you want details! He He, she's going to kill me! :)


Mount Tippenogas Temple Visit...


Sigh, what else can I say, I barely made a session, but spent the afternoon in the calmest, most peaceful place on earth. Pondering my life and big decisions, left feeling lightened, and with the knowledge that it was time to move on. SAY WHAT????

Leading me to what I've been doing for the last two weeks. Insanely working on preparing our house (more befores) for selling: Remember the Befores?? Well here are the afters:








AND Laila at ELEVEN months... Wowsers... Time Flies! While attempting her photo shoot, I thought I would try again to get the three together, no such luck. Their smiles were so fake, so I tried to get a real laugh and told them to pick their nose. Of course they were obedient then!! Goofy kiddos! :)





So, please don't take it personal if I haven't returned an email, made a phone call, or anything else. We have been swamped. I mean, why would I have a normal summer? Can you recall the last one? Oh my. Here we go again. Wish us luck! Hopefully I can be in touch a little more often.

17 comments:

becca said...

great post lucy! Brandee, your baby is ADORABLE!!!! Congrats and best of luck for the next several months!

The house looks AMAZING lucy!!! You worked soooo hard. You and Josh should be so proud of all your hard work. (and the in laws, and parents hard work too!)

The kids look great and I think you got a great shot in there of the 3 of them, you can see all their eyes... and I can teach you some photoshop tricks! Did you know that if you have to simimlar pictures of the same people/pose you can align them, and swap out heads to get a good shot? Send me two similar pictures and I will try it for you!

Love you sis!!!

Lucy said...

Becca,

You're such a college nerd now. I'll email you my pics for sure! :)

The Galan Family said...

Yeah! You are back. I was wondering what happened to the Sunday Scoop. Can't believe you are getting your house ready to sell. Your house house looks awesome. And all your pictures are so cute. Any job news yet? Can you taste the freedom yet?

MaryRuth said...

we were in utah at the same time!!!!!!!!!!!!

You look so cute!

Emily said...

Lucy, I can't believe all you've done with your house! It looks so amazing. Please keep us posted on your new adventure:)

Brandee said...

Lucy - you rock! :) You are an amazing friend - no one could have done a better job than you (and I really put you to the test!) I simply can't ever thank you and Josh enough for making that happen. I would have been a mess without you! We are all doing great and missing you lots! Good luck with the house - it looks incredible!

{leah} said...

I love the house, you guys did a great job!!
I've been on both ends of the baby thing and I can say it sure is nice to have a friend there when the hubby can't be. I'm glad your back and typing again, I love your posts!!

Amanda said...

Wow! You've been busy. That baby is darling, your house is too. I wish I could have been in Utah for the Meade reunion. Good luck selling the house!

Gwenda said...

As usual, you have the best photographs on your blog! Love the B&W of you and your friends!

Lucy said...

Gwenda, that picture was taken by my friend Emily, I gave her credit at the bottom of the pic! :) I will take credit for the black and white of Laila, he he!

Des said...

Oh my gosh! I have been without internet for the past two weeks and I was dying to get back to catching up with everyone. You HAVE been busy!! The kids are growing and the house looks great. I hope you are able to sell it for what you want. Keep us posted with all the crazyiness that should be transpiring here in the next month. You guys are going to feel so weird being free of the Military. I can't wait to see how this all pans out.

Anonymous said...

Fine. Leave us. See if WE care.


J/K...WE TOTALLY CARE and are so sad!

Love the pictures!

Kingery Family said...

I can't imagine having to deliver without my husband there--you girls are so strong!

And your house is beautiful, I can't even guess at the amount of work you had to do. Welcome home!

Monique said...

Oh Lucy. You never cease to amaze me! I miss everyone already. The house is amazing. I'm almost tempted to buy it. :) see you soon!

The Terrell Family said...

The house is beautiful! The kids are beautiful! You look great! Wow, you guys have been busy! we'll have to get out and see you before you move.

LNJ said...

she is so pretty! I can't wait to meet her, (hopefully soon, wink wink) Also the house is so cute! you really have an eye for decorating.

Crystal said...

whoa! you are one crazy, busy lady. The house looks amazing. If anyone can sell a house right now, it's got to be you. Is there any news on the job front?