Saturday, June 12, 2010

Running Now because I Couldn't Then.

As a few of you know, I am a Survivor.

And One in Six women are.

I once had a counselor that said Victims of Abuse often choose running as a way to heal. They choose it because it was something they wish they could have done, but couldn't. There are many reasons why I picked up the habit, but I'm sure this is one of them.

Anyway, I did some research and found a perfect organization, RAINN.

My Goal: $2620 - $100 dollars per mile.

Please Help by Going Here.

Also, I would like to dedicate each mile of my marathon, to a survivor. If you, or someone you know, were a victim, I'd love to run for you. Send me an email, let me know. The only person that will know is me. I want to think about that person during their mile.

* Update * 2 Miles Reserved *

Thanks a million times over for your help with this, please spread the word, any amount will help.

With Love,

Lucy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lucy-we're going to donate and I've got a person in mind for one of your miles. I'll type her story to you once I get some time away from a major case study presentation that I've been working on. I think you've chosen an awesome organization to work with through fundraising. Go Lucy!!

Brandee said...

I am going to donate to this still...remind me on the 15th! :)