Monday, September 15, 2008

Mondays and REAL definitions!


I LOVE MONDAYS.

1. Chores come out from the deepest of laundry baskets, and darkest of closets.

2. Josh begins his morning commute at 3:50 A.M. Just tell me ONE other person that beats that.

3. Phone calls. You know the ones that you remembered all weekend, but nothing you could do about it.

4. A weeks' worth of menu planning on the horizon.

5. A copious list of appointments, dates, and obligations begin.

Can you sense the sarcasm?? I know me, sarcastic! Shocking. Where was that in my name definition? Seriously, bogus.

My real definition:

Ornery, impatient, demanding, intense, passionate, outgoing, funny, wierdly interested in all things finance, spiritual... (it's true, I have a group of girls I'm friends with, we nicknamed each other like this: there's a fun one, a cool one, and seriously they call me the spiritual one), wannabe swimmer, intolerant, unbelievably strong sense of justice, hard worker, a cryer, a friend, and a mother. I try hard to do what is right, to control my tongue, and to be creative. Unsuccessful at all three in most occasions. I'm patriotic, and a believer. I tend to REWATCH things like this, and this, and cry every time. I desire all to be their best, which means I'm awfully critical. I'm rough around the edges, but deep down I love life, and family, and friends. I was a victim of sexual assault as a young girl, and now I'm a survivor. Although, this has been a challenge beyond me to overcome, I've turned to the Savior to lift my burdens.

What's in a name? This is Lucy. A life full of suffering, and yet, blessed. A desire to find Joy, and to Share it. Truly, I hope to be a LIGHT to others, as this is what Lucy really means - "Light".

QOTD: Colson got in trouble for his behavior in primary. His response "Mom, we cover the same topic every week, Jesus. It gets boring sometimes." Do you think he's been reading my blogs and emails, bragging about him and his spiritual intuitiveness?? :)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your definition segment of this blog! It's such an insight into the true you and I actually feel privileged that you shared all of this. You're such an inspiration!

Monique said...

You forgot a few... honest and a great leader. Deep thinker and reads between the lines. You have gone through a lot and whatever you went through and how you learned from them makes you who you are right now. you go girl!

{leah} said...

(other than the crappy things that happen to you) I'm so glad to know that you are a normal person! I like to find and suround myself with people, who like me, have faults, but are at least trying to figure this life out. Lucy, you're my hero!!

Emily said...

We should all feel lucky to having known you at some time in our lives!

ALso, too bad they don't have TAG primary for kids that get bored with it!

Harmony said...

I like you even more after reading your personal name definition. You really are such an inspiration!

Des said...

Lucy, that was such a awesome thought out definition. I loved reading it. You sound great and I hope your feeling good too. I think that josh holds the record for earliest commute. That is horrible!! What time does he have to go to bed to be able to function 5:00PM? I hope that you will sell your house soon and can move closer and ease that situation.
Well, keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Unknown said...

Okay, so Colson, you're awesome! The sad thing is that we sometimes as adults think the same thing! Love ya!

Emily said...

Sounds like you get a lot more done on your Mondays- mine are a little more about survival. Hope everything is going well.