Monday, January 12, 2009

Checking Out.

Well, Folks. It has come to that time. Josh tells me in six weeks this will all be over. What is all you might ask, here goes:

A move, A baby, A major house cleaning, A baptism, A blessing, Heartburn, and single parenthood.

AS I'm sure many of you would like to point out, My dad included, "I told you not to buy that house!", we know, we thought it was crazy at the time, however, we still do not regret it, as we prayed about the decision then, and have truly learned much from this housing purchase. And continue to do so, as it's not over yet!!

We are relocating to VA, about 4 hours from here, we are renting a townhome, for only 4 months. We are praying, hoping, fasting, and begging for your prayers, that we will be able to sell our home by this time. Money will be tight, a mortgage and a rent payment, add up to 50% of our income... but we solve a couple of problems by doing this, the Army moves us, and Josh is with me to help with baby, and our other 3 little ones. After the 4 months, if the home doesn't sell, we'll reevaluate our situation at that time...

In the meantime, we will not set up cable, or internet, or phone, which means blogging will happen sporadically, we have a new number, a cell phone!!, and we'll try and update when we can, especially with new baby's arrival. Thanks everybody, it's nice to know you care a little about our family, and even read my crabby prego posts.

Finding Joy in the Journey:
1. Thank the Lord above for a sense of humor, required at times like these.
2. we have 3 wonderful children, who currently deal with a hormonal, extremely stressed mother, and are living to tell about it.
3. We are so fortunate to have a vacation home, in Hanover, PA.
4. We have a job.
5. We have insurance. Does anyone know how much insurance covers an interstate birth??
6. I do not have to be here, when (like on Saturday) we have "pretend" showings. You know the kind where they call with an hour notice, and don't show up.
7. We are weeks away from completing our family. A bittersweet moment indeed. Josh insists it's a boy, I insist she's coming, my last girl. I have her named. If Josh is right I'm in some serious trouble. Make your guesses known! :)

Until next time, we're wishing you better luck than us!

Love ya!!

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Best wishes for all the adventures coming your way! Some day all of this will be in the past and you'll have some amazing story to tell about how you all made it through. :)

Alexis said...

I hope the next 6 weeks go well! What part of VA are you moving to?

KCaldwellmom said...

ill miss catching up with you on your blogs for awhile, but ill be here when you get back to it...
take care of you and your little family in the mean time...my best wishes on your delivery there girlie, its so amazing (as you already know)...
kristy

Isabelle Cannon said...

Lucy sounds like things are crazy right now. I will pray for you for sure. We still own our home in Iowa because we could not sell it. We ended up renting it because it was draining to make two house payments! I hope all goes well with the babe. I can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl. All I can say is that it is kindof a boy time. Everyone I know is having boys, maybe Josh is right! You will look back on this stressful time and laugh someday. Good luck with everything. loves

{leah} said...

I'll be praying for you!!! I'll miss your witty posts but hope to hear from you soon. Good luck and happy birthing.

{my guess will be ........... I'm thinking ........lets say a boy. Just because I have three, and have never had mothers intuition

Barb Zinn said...

Hope all goes well for YOU and your family! We will be praying that all to be set in place so you can continue blogging! I have so enjoyed reading them........and YES, Lucy they make me LAUGH! YOU will live through all of this and keep your sense of humor! (I KNOW it can be done!!.....) Keep that smile!!

Linds said...

I sincerely hope (and pray) everything will turn out how you guys need it to. I love your family photo- hard to believe how big those little ones are getting. I love your posts, and don't worry we're all a little hormonal sometimes pregnant or not ;)

Crystal said...

Good luck! And as hard as it may be, you'll all be together. I like that better personally. :) Good vibes and prayers coming your way.

Monique said...

Good luck girlie! Have fun on the SB weekend. Currently praying for you. Hope all goes well with EVERYTHING. Now I know why you have trouble sleeping... now go party with the girls!

Gwenda said...

I'm saying boy because I like things being even. We were even for nearly six years, then along came Kaden. The boys are ahead by one, and at my age, it looks like that's how it will stay.

You'll be greatly missed when you go.

Anonymous said...

Lucy, I'm happy you guys finally have a plan. I'm NOT happy that we're losing your cute family, though! I'll be anxiously awaiting your few posts!

and my guess is a boy. Colson needs his brother!!!

the ohana said...

Best of luck in all these changes that you've to go through. We'll be keeping you in our prayers. My guess is that you're having a girl because you still absolutely look gorgeous in your photo. Well, whatever the gender is I know that you'll have a beautiful baby just like the first 3. Take care and have fun in your scrapbook weekend!

MaryRuth said...

Good luck! Wishing you the best with everything!!!

MaryRuth said...

P.S. such a cute picture of you and I loved your Christmas card!

Erin said...

Your life is so exciting! I'm praying that the house will sell soon and that you will make it through the aches and pains of the last month of pregnancy.

Mad Queen said...

WOW, you are IN FOR IT!!! You have a TON on your plate... you sound completely maxed. "That which does not kill us, makes us stronger"... Steel Magnolias. If anyone is a Steel Magnolia, it is you. I am amazed at what you have handled with Josh away so much. You have strength most people never come close to knowing. You will get through this yes you will indeed 99 3/4 % guaranteed (Dr. Seuss). Good luck,in this new journey and YES I will pray for your house to sell quick!

love,
Tracey

Mad Queen said...

PS, your new pictures is GORGEOUS.. are you possibly pregnant in this photo??? NO way! Your family photo is gorgeous too... I tried to blow it up to look more closely to see you all... but too small. Still, a great shot... see life is good!

PS "life is what happens while you are busy making other plans..."