Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Welcome to the Ward.

Sunday - Day 1 - Sister introduces herself in the coat hallway, as i'm taking off my coat, yes that quickly. One sister hands me her name and phone number on a card, call anytime, she says. Meet several members.

Still Day 1 - Name added to the email list, received February Newsletter, and Sunday's Bulletin in an email.

Still Day 1 - Sister calls and asks if my kids can come play at her house this week, schedules align, make plans.

Day 2 - Drop off kiddos, while movers are unloading, go to pick up, offered dinner and FHE, Josh has to work can't do it, She sends me home with a frozen soup, and a loaf of fresh homemade bread. Seriously.

R.S. President calls to come visit.

AMAZING... Did I mention there are 220 sisters on their R.S. list? Oh, I'm already on the list that was given to me on Monday.

A little intimidating at how together this ward has it!! :) But I would be wrong to not mention the wonderful ladies from my last ward, who stepped it up and helped clean my house on the Friday before I left. A huge help! Thanks so much!

9 comments:

Brandi said...

I'm jealous! Our Relief Society here in Georgia is a little...unorganized. Yeah, I'll go with unorganized. It's nicer than the word I was actually thinking. I've been here 10 months and they STILL call me Brenda.

KCaldwellmom said...

forgive my ignorance...but when you say "ward", is that another name for "rectory"?
i love your blog lucy...im glad i finally got around to making my own.

Amy said...

nice!!! what ward? I think it's safe to say we ALL want to move there. THAT IS AWESOME!!!!

Sarah said...

I'm so happy for you! It must have been wonderful to feel such a part of the ward so soon. Makes me want to do better meeting new people.

Monique said...

You will fit right in! :)

Crystal said...

That's awesome!

Lucy said...

Kristi,

Ward, is mormon lingo! :) It might mean rectory, if you could also sub the word congregation. Our church is divided into wards or "groups" based on where you live.

In Fort Wayne for example there are two wards, or congregations that meet at different times in the same building, based on where you live.

I use mormon lingo, way too often assuming everyone knows what I'm talking about.

we also call each other Brother so and so (insert last name) and Sister (insert last name). So when I was describing the "sisters" it could be confusing if you're catholic, not the same as nuns! :)

I've enjoyed reading your blog as well, Stay at Home Moms rock! (and not just babies)

Take Care!

Anonymous said...

WOW. See, I needed that reminder that those wards are still out there, somewhere! Thanks!

I'm such a dunce. I saw your email for help with cleaning...only it was past the Friday you were talking about. I assumed it was for the upcoming Friday, until I realized my error. I felt bad. I hope you will forgive...

Is you blog not private anymore? I wasn't able to "follow" before.

Gwenda said...

Wow! Amazing!