Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Updates

1. In a stake conference with over 1000 people, I randomly bumped into one woman in the mother's lounge. A friend from Monterey over six years ago. It's a freakishly small world.

2. A grinder pump for a sewer costs $800. Ask me how I know this.

3. I've been training for a 4.5 mile race. I swear every time I run, that distance gets farther and farther away. If I crawl during the race, can I still say "I ran a race"?

4. Old Blue, I'm waiting for you. One question, are you infested with ants? Just curious.

5. If you missed my post about the DMV, I'm having some fun discussion with an anonymous soul about Government and Health Care - feel free to join the conversation, check the comments.

6. I recently purchased a label maker to "organize my files" I love that thing. I've been labeling everything. "Don't Touch", "Mine", "Get your hands off", "Not Yours", and one other label I put on my forehead, that one will remain between Josh and I.

7. Freecycle is my friend.

8. Craigslist is my friend.

9. "Frolic" is my paintchoice for the basement.

10. Pat the realtor, where or where did you put my front door key??

5 comments:

The Galan Family said...

1. Who did you bump into? It really is such a small world.
2. How do you know this?
3. Are you running outside or on a treadmill? It's so much easier outside.
4. When do you move in to Old Blue?
5. Hate the DMV
6. Label makers are awesome
7. Freecycle rejected me because I didn't fill out their questionnaire in time. I think I've been blacklisted :)
8. I like Craigslist
9. You need to be more specific. How are we supposed to know what color "frolic" is?? :)
10. Is Pat a man or a woman? Just wondering :)

{leah} said...

It is a small world and I love it!!

Here's my two cents on what Anonymous said about health care being a thing we are entitled to.... We are entitled to nothing. Blood has been shed for our freedoms and our "rights" when we stop fighting for the things we have all of it goes away.

And if there is goverment health care, the goverment will expect us to use it even if we don't want to. I think that the government finger will be way to involoved in our personal healthcare than we want them to be. We won't have the option of not imunizing our children, or maybe trying something more holistic in our care for ourselves, or our children.

Also, I like the option I have to choose my doctor, and not having one assigned to me {like in the military}

I'm thankful for our govrnment but they don't need to have there finger in everything that we the people do. If it starts now, when will it stop???


so that's my say...

Emily said...

Who did you see from Monterey? Loved your update. Can't wait to see the finished basement.

Monique said...

oh fun. :) They actually have Craiglist in Hungary. It stinks here.

Brandee said...

This whole post makes me miss Lucy!! And I am trying to stop imagining what the label on your forehead might say but I can't! I just can't stop!! I'm sorry!!! :)