Monday, October 08, 2007

Conference Weekend





What a weekend!! My aunt Suzanne came to visit, and we had General Conference for our church, it was a great weekend! Conference was just great for the soul, it inspires, enlightens and lifts me. One thing I really felt inspired to do was to keep a journal of spiritual things, and the things that we know have been blessings from God. Wow, I have a long way to go, I feel His love in so many ways. One thing I have felt recently is how I have been fortunate to have not one, two, but three healthy children. So far, we have had no problems with them. This is huge.

I have a dear friend that lost a daughter this month, she was born, and died in October. I think of her every year at this time. I can't begin to feel the loss she must feel. E, you know I am thinking of you! I also know she has done extensive fundraising for the March of Dimes. If you're looking for somewhere to donate a little extra, here's a great opportunity.

I have a sweet cousin who recently lost a precious little one about the time I had Laila, she was due this month. I think of her at this time, too. J, I am thinking of you!

So today I must remember to not take my little ones for granted.

We went for a walk in the woods Sunday morning, it was just beautiful, and I was reminded of Joseph Smith's time in the woods. I had asked Colson why do you think he had chosen the woods for his prayer? We talked about how it was private, quiet and peaceful. It was also a place of beauty created for us, it seems a perfect choice. I love to read his account of the First Vision. This is so powerful, we finally can understand the nature of the Godhead, it no longer is confusing, or incomprehensible. What a blessing to know of the truth of this vision.

I have much to be thankful for. There is Joy in my Journey, and I hope you can see the Joy in yours!

1 comment:

becca said...

great photos lucy! ah journal writing, I call it blogging. I too love conference. Im still listening to it. love ya sis and your healthy babes. You are right, we have much to be grateful for.