Friday, October 26, 2007

Project Linus


Full Circle. That's what I call this! In my Relief Society awhile ago, we opted to do a service project (making blankets) for the wonderful organization Project Linus.

A few months later Hallie was VERY sick about a week after I had Laila and was hospitalized, while there they gave her a blanket from Project Linus, I thought to myself how COOL is that! Now in my inbox today I received the following email:

Sisters,

This is a thank you from a mother who received one of the Project Linus

blankets that we did for Enrichment several months ago. Extra thanks
to
Lucy and the committee members who planned the activity.
>
> Project Linus AA Co Chapter
> "Thank you for the loving works of your hands and
heart"
> From a mother whose child received a Project

>Linus blanket
> The Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints
> Ft Meade Ward Relief Society
> Dear Brandi and group,
> Thank you for your generous donation, I'm sure a child will be
comforted
>by the soft and cuddly fleece blankets.
> Thank you,
> Cathy

I thought, why didn't I send a thank you to the girls that made Hallie's! I do know the blanket I received was from a girl scout troop in Columbia MD, that's all I remember! Anyway, if you're looking for an easy service project Check out the website, they even have no sew patterns that are super easy to make!

They're located all over the U.S., and I know for sure, it's a comfort to a sick child!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

When we had to take Alex to the hospital in Columbia we also got a Project Linus blanket. It was purple, not exactly a manly color, but I was so touched to have gotten it. I didn't even think about trying to thank the people who made it. I'll remember that if I ever get another one (I hope not!).