Sunday, October 28, 2007

Must-Do Traditions

Fall, my favorite time of year, love the weather, love football, love the leaves, just awesome. One of the fall traditions of course is the pumpkin patch. I've been dreading taking the troops to the patch for obvious reasons, it's not fun alone. I really just wanted to take them to Wal-mart take a few pics of the bin of pumpkins and call it a day. Well, that wasn't cutting it in my mind, I was feeling that I didn't want to let the kids miss out, on this tradition. So, off we went to a pumpkin patch. I had driven by this place before, and thought it might be fun, but wasn't really aware of what it had to offer, boy did I not know what I was getting into... just try and beat it, I've never heard of such a place. These are some of the activities, hay ride, castle and pirate ship playground, petting zoo, a corn crib(kindof like a sandbox but with corn), corn maze, ring the pumpkin, a pumpkin launch, the pumpkin patch, face painting, bingo, etc. It was insane! I decide to include the corn maze in our adventure. If you know me, you know I always have a story, well this one is a doozy. In we go, the maze we were told was about 45 minutes, that's a big maze I thought, but hey why not, we were there, it could be fun, plus the kids would be tired out and take a nap, right? Well in we go. I take a picture of the map at the beginning...I don't know why that didn't give me a clue. But anyway, we headed on our way, along the way we found candy machines, a big bridge that we could look out over the maze, a tower, and then about 45 minutes later, Colson says, I FOUND IT!! so he's running "out" when we realize we've hit the Snack Shack, the what?!? A snack shack, you heard me, a snack shop. Hello, why I didn't think I should get out now (I mean how big is a corn maze, that they have a snack shop midway through it?!), especially when we were only at the half way point. I should have at least bought us something to eat, so that an hour later when we were still in the maze, we wouldn't be tired AND hungry. We were so lost in this thing, Colson is shouting at the top of his lungs "Can someone please get us out of here?!" Hallie kept saying "I hate this place, I want to get out of here!!" "I miss daddy!" It was crazy, there was some light at the end of the tunnel when we found a spiral slide towards the end, but still it was NOT a fun feeling, I mean I was trapped in corn, with three babies, and thank heavens no one had to go potty!! Needless to say after an hour and forty five minutes of the corn maze, we ended up NOT going to the pumpkin patch. So tomorrow for FHE it looks like we might be headed to the Wal-Mart bin for a pumpkin. Aaaagh. Nothing like keeping a tradition. Happy Fall Y'all!

No comments: