Friday, November 23, 2007

Found some Joy!

My blog is really supposed to be that place where I'm recording all that Joy I have (some days I have to look harder), but not this week...

Soldiers
Both now and then, I find joy in the dreams that soldiers fight for. I spent the day in Gettysburg and you kind of feel like you're standing on sacred ground! Did you know that the battleground was 24 square miles? Did you know the Gettysburg Address was only 14 sentences? The battle field is huge, and there are sporadic memorials found all over. We were listening to an audio tour that was amazing, we learned so much, and imagine we could have learned even more without the kiddos. Here's a few pics from our trip.




Beauty
Crazy Gorgeous. That's what this Earth is. I find Joy in the beauty of this masterpiece. I've lived in Monterey, Colorado Springs, Maryland, Indiana, and been many other places but I always love to see somewhere new, and enjoy the variety.





Family

I find joy regularly in Family, I believe family is the greatest joy. I'm missing my closest family member pretty badly these days. But, guess what, I'm SO BLESSED with tons of family that care about me, even if I'm FAR away. Thanks for making the trip, so the cousins could hang. (To protect the Identity of those in this Photo, the Names have been Changed!) Bob, Sue, Sandy, Joe




Yummy Goodies

Josh's famous caramels are such a treat, and since I was missing him, we made some! These are time consuming, difficult, yet so rewarding, isn't this a life lesson?



Thanksgiving


Who could not LOVE this holiday it's all about food and family, or in my case, food and friends. I have some amazing friends, that put up with my grumpy self, take time for my kids, and can I just say for a party of 20, there were FOURTEEN pies!!! Oh my heck Viviane went over the top, and the pic I have does not even include all the creme pies in the fridge!! Hope everyone found some joy in ther Thanksgiving!



4 comments:

Gwenda said...

That looks like such a yummy Thanksgiving!

Gwenda said...

I'm going to say it again -- That looks like such a yummy Thanksgiving! I just wanted to leave more than one comment since you may need the extra sit-ups from all those pies!

Lori said...

Your Thanksgiving looked so much more fun than mine, just by company alone. This particular relative that I am forced to visit practically every Thanksgiving pleasantly ruins it with her demeaning comments. It's usually about my homeschooling, or just her flagrant & nauseating bragging. This year it was, "How dare you put pics of my children on your blog without my permission! (I do not have a public blog, & I only have ONE picture of them on it) Did you call the police to see if your blog is safe, blah, blah, blah, blah." My dear husband was listening in the other room & said to me later, "I am so proud of you for the way you handled that. I would not have been nearly as nice." Thanks honey, but stop making me go to your irritating brother's house. (Sorry, I had to rant somewhere to someone who doesn't actually know these people -giggle!)

becca said...

yummy food! glad you made it to gettysburg. (whatever) Im with gwenda, you might need a couple extra sit ups after that spread. and love the caramels. those look yummy!!