Saturday, February 09, 2008

Eavesdropping....

Yes, I do it often, especially with the kiddos. Today while the kids were talking I heard the following conversation:

"Hallie where'd you get your gum."


"I got it off the street."


WHAT!! I look in my rearview mirror and there is Hallie chomping away on this piece of gum. I'll wait. You can go heave into the toilet. Had I not been driving I would have done the same thing!!! I'm totally freaking out, screaming at Hallie, Telling Colson to get her something to take it out and put it in!! She proceeds to tell me that someone just left it there, and she was going to save it for later. AAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! SO gross.

At dinner Hallie tells Colson "That's disgusting." He was eating his dinner without his hands.

Um Hallie. You win the prize on that one. I'm still creeping out. Crazy girl. Please watch for stray wads of chewed up gum. Maybe your little one will have to satisfy a craving too. NASTY!!

Here's an artist who creates using chewed up gum. Jamie Marraccini. I wonder if they chew their own gum, or collect it like Hallie does?


Title: Bish Bam Boe
Dimensions: 12" x 24"
# of Pieces of Gum: 2672
Date Started: 1/5/99
Date Completed: 2/25/99

11 comments:

becca said...

so clearly, Hallie is just a budding artist. I dont think you should stifle that interest.

Des said...

I feel your pain. Natalie did that too.

Gwenda said...

Gross yes, but oh so FUNNY!!!

I've got to tell my kids this one!

{leah} said...

My kids have done some really random things but nothing like that. You win!

Monique said...

mmmm yummo! Was it ABC gum or was it gum she found with the wrapper still on? I'm trying to give her the benefit of the doubt. :)

Anonymous said...

I can top that one...remember waiting for the shuttle outside your hotel at Disneyland...I looked over at Livia (then 4 years old) and saw that she had picked up a cigarette butt out of the ashtray on top of the garbage can and was SMOKING IT! And she was doing it correctly!!! BLEH!!!

The Galan Family said...

That gum art is so creepy. Who does that? Look at it this way, Hallie probably has a very strong immune system. I swear your kids are NEVER sick.

MaryRuth said...

LOL!!! That's so gross... Funny but way gross!

Lucy said...

Monique, Oh it was abc gum!! Brandee, I totally think I remember that!! HA HA!! and Sarah, she's not sick yet. BUT, does it make you feel better that all 3 just got over a round of antibiotics?? Maybe the trick is to have them chew a bunch of chewed up gum.

Emily said...

Speaking of not being sick, and what's gross, do you know in nursing school they teach that kids who eat their, uh, boogers, have a stronger immune system from all the bacteria they ingest. Gross, huh?

Lucy said...

EMILY this so explains Colson!! SSSSHHH!! He'll be embarassed one day!