Tuesday, February 12, 2008

MONSTER Cookies



This is a recipe from my mom - Something I remember from long ago... They're monster cookies because it makes an enormous amount. I found they're best when you use an ice cream scoop to measure cookie portions, and let them finish baking on the pan. I made these to take on our VERY LONG trip to Florida... They have Peanut Butter, Oatmeal, and a bit of chocolate!! Perfect right? They're like cheap granola bars. WARNING - You can NOT make these in just any bowl...

12 Eggs (yes, that is a dozen)
2 Pounds of Brown Sugar
4 C Sugar
1 TABLESPOON Vanilla
1 Tablespoon Karo Syrup
1 Tablespoon Baking Soda
1 pound butter melted
3 pounds of Peanut Butter
18 CUPS of Oatmeal
1 pound Chocolate Chips
1 pound of M & M's

Mix in order, spoon onto ungreased cookie sheet, Bake 12 minutes, leave on sheet to set.

You can freeze these, but prepared for a month of baking at least that's what it feels like, oh and when you get sick of scooping, I did make two batches of "bars", I pressed the dough into a 9 X 13... it takes longer to bake, but you don't have to keep scooping.

You can 1/2 the recipe, and it still makes a ton!

Have fun!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay when you're talking in pounds for sugar, chocolate chips and m & ms plus 18 C of oatmeal (that's over a gallon!) you're talking along the lines of a recipe I'd love. I think I'd have to scale it way down though since Brian and I could and would eat our way through too many if I did a full batch.

Unknown said...

That's my kind of recipe! When you're talking pounds of sugar, chocolate chips and m & ms you can count me in! I would totally have to scale this recipe back or Brian and I would/could eat way too many!

Emily said...

This looks like something we would have to try at our house, but I don't know how I would fit them in my freezer when it is so crammed with chocolate chip cookies, plus this week, we must make valentines cookies. Any gues how my weight loss resolution is going?

Gwenda said...

Our family LOVES this recipe! It's been so long since I've made them because even though they are big, it's still hard to eat just one!

Monique said...

Jamie, I think you should make them and we can help eat them... just so you wouldn't have to eat them all. We are nice friends just here to help out.

Harmony said...

You had me at 3 pounds of peanut butter!

Erin said...

So is this your year's supply of cookies in one batch? Do you just keep them in your freezer? That is amazing. They look so good, Lucy, as do those cupcakes.

Lucy said...

Erin, I've got bags in the freezer!! and they last a good while, except I'm taking huge portions with us on vacay this week! I did hand some out to the neighbors for V-day!

becca said...

I am thinking a giant bucket would be best in leu of a mixing bowl! great photo. do you think you would bake so much if you had a crap camera?