Sunday, December 14, 2008

Here we are, I'm Back!

1. I'm super busy with Christmas Cards, Christmas baking, Math homework, balancing my checkbook, and finding the perfect service opportunity for our family this Christmas Season.

2. We just watched the Christmas Devotional, which was fantastic, worth watching if you missed it!

3. Josh is still coming and going at random intervals, but we get to see him so much more, and although it's not ideal, it's working fine.

4. I am literally 60 days from delivery (approximately), the realty has just not sunk in, remember when I first wrote about it? I am still in shock, but in a much better kind of shock. We're going to be parents for the last time and it feels bittersweet. Please pray that Josh will be in town when the labor starts!

5. Our Christmas Pictures with the professional were highly disappointing, I refuse to mention her name once again, because this is the email I received when I expressed my disappointment:

I'm sorry that you're not more pleased with your photos, you are the first person who has ever expressed anything other than complete satisfaction to me. I understand that professional photos are a big splurge for everyone, that's why I include the digital negatives in my fee and don't charge extra for additional people, etc.
Certainly your husband was very uncomfortable and your kids needed a bit more encouragement and requests for cooperation than most (perhaps it was the morning after Halloween factor?!). Both of those things contributed to more posed, less candid shots.


Did said photographer just blame my husband and kids for the crappy shots?? I mean shouldn't a photographer notice a shoe? or a tag? or an awkward sitting man? or even a scarf twisted, or how about where the center of the picture is? OR how about a picture without one of the family members??? Just wondering...

Here are some of the results, they're not horrible, but with her unprofessional response, I hate them more!














So there you go. And one more thing THIS SISTER is coming to visit at Christmas, I am so Excited!!

I'll try to be on the ball, but you never know... it could be another month!! Thanks for everyone's concern/interest in my blog, you make me feel loved, and that my blog isn't the worst writing you've ever read! Take Care All!

14 comments:

Alexis said...

I think your pictures turned out really cute! I wish we would have gotten pictures done this year. I can't believe she blamed your husband and kids for the pictures not turning out like you wanted. I hope you have a good Christmas!

The Galan Family said...

Love the family pics. Glad you are back. I need to get back to blogging as well. We need to talk soon. I've been a little preoccupied if you know what I mean.

Des said...

Lucy, I really like the family one with you guys sitting on the porch. YOU look beautiful...cute belly, nice lipstick, love the longer hair and the color too! The baby wasn't smiling but she still looks cute. The comment from the photographer was a little bizzare..but to me, if you get one good picture then it's all good. I know what your thinking..."you didn't pay for it though!" I think that is half the stress with getting pictures taken. We took pictures with Orange's side of the family back in August. I wasn't paying for them so I didn't care so much...alas, they turned out really good. Go figure:) I am glad your back.

Slavka said...

Oh Lucy! I am so sorry about your horrible photographer. Even more so that she was a blame-shifter and did not offer to re-do the shoot (our most awesome photographer has done this for us b/c she is a professional and was not happy with the results of her work either). I have never heard of any photo shoot disclaimer that says "photos only good with fully-rested, sweet-tempered children and husbands." If that were the case no one would have good pictures, ever. A good photographer will find good shots, no matter the circumstances.
But in spite of the crappy photographer, your family is beautiful :)

{leah} said...

I really like the first one of you and Josh.

Sorry it didn't go better...

{ps... you blog is totally worth reading}

Anonymous said...

For what it's worth, I thought most of those pictures were adorable! I have to ask though (since no one else did)...what's with the pretzels?

You amaze me with everything you have to deal with. I hope the last couple of months are wonderful for you as a pregnant MaMa!!!!!

Emily said...

I thought the pictures turned out nice- but I am laughing a little about how she responded to your email.:) Hope you have a great week- and don't worry about the baby the last two months have always gone on for eternity for me:)

Lucy said...

Maren,

The Pretzels are "Snyders of Hanover", our hometown. I thought it would be cute for our last Christmas here in Hanover, to document where we are. I thought the pic was cute where we were all holding up the bags, except it was missing Laila... It was my attempt to have something a little different... :)

Harmony said...

Oh good, I'm glad Jamie stepped up and asked the pretzel question--saved me from doing it!

Not to slam your photographer, but what in the world? Husbands that don't want to be photographed? Children who won't sit still in nice outfits? Well, I NEVER!

You can tell DURING a shoot as a photographer if you're getting the shots--and if you're not, you step up and offer a reshoot. Come on, photographer lady! Yeah, I'm calling you out! :-)

That being said, you guys look really cute. You especially--fabulous hair, baby!

There were lots of other things I wanted to comment about, but now I can only think about pictures! Come here and have me do it--that won't be expensive at all!

LNJ said...

pics are cute, I can't believe she blamed your family! At least she had attractive people to shoot, think how the ugly ones turn out! Anyway, unfortunately Josh does have that "Mamaw gene" so stiffness is probably unavoidable.

Anonymous said...

Lucy...Got it...VERY Cute idea! I saw they were Snyder's, but you know...sometimes we have a moment. That was one :)

Crystal said...

Boy, that lady sounds super professional in her reply, or ya know, not! The pictures were not awful, but I get where you're coming from. I could see them being better. Especially paying for the "fancy" lady to take them.

Erin said...

I can't believe your photographer's response. But you guys still look fantastic. You have a beautiful family. And it is very nice that she gives you the digital negatives. Very few photographers do that it seems.

Gwenda said...

The individual shots of the kids are great! The family sitting in the gazebo is very nice as well.