Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A visit to the Midwife

I know why I haven't "missed" the appointments all that much.

We got there early, she was quick, but then we had the hour glucose test, so after two hours of the hospital, the girls were READY to leave.

Hallie was playing with a birthing ball at the Midwife's office, Cheerios were spewn everywhere by Laila, Hallie kept wanting me to read these VERY GRAPHIC children's books about birth that had me scared, Laila fell out of the plastic chair and hit her head, 20 minutes later, a comment box in the lab was pulled down by the chain pen ON HER HEAD..., the plan number was missing from the insurance information, a snow, sleet storm came while we were there, and so I was afraid of an early dismissal for Colson, and to top it off I had to listen to Obama on fox news, about his Secretary of Education appointment, another Chicago guy. I think it's funny we have a president-elect that is so inexperienced the only people he knows are from Chicago (CHICAGO-Home to the most ethical on the planet!!). I couldn't even grumble because I know I was the only one in the room that likely didn't vote for the man. I mean where was Jeapardy, or The Price is RIght?

But for the update, we heard the heartbeat it sounded great, I am measuring a few days bigger than where I am, and I weigh as much as a cow, give me a few months, and I'll have the milk to prove it.

LOVED the midwife - and am truly excited!! I think I just might have the perfect birthing story, after FOUR tries.

I'm thrilled to have my sister take some maternity portraits while she is here, FOR FREE. Well, it my cost me some food...

I talked to a friend today, and I'm just relishing in these last few months of being pregnant, feeling the baby move, I told her this is it for me, I'm in no hurry, even though I'm a bit crabby and uncomfortable, I'm done after this. No more miraculous alien movements, it's exciting, and scary, a little sad, and well, emotional... No surprise there. But it's happening, and no turning back now. Here S/HE comes!!

7 comments:

The Galan Family said...

Don't you love office visits like this? With kids. Uggh! That sounded very familiar. Except my kids love to roll around on a dirty hospital floor. Seriously. So I meant to ask you yesterday. Do this "perfect delivery story" mean you are going to try to do this one natural? Just wondering.

Monique said...

Hooray for the baby! Boo for doctor's visits. I wish I lived close so you could just drop of the kiddos. yuck! I totally remember that glucose test. blah. I'm so glad you like your midwife... unlike Miss Misty. grrrr. :) I hope the results come back okay.

Lucy said...

Natural, again, baby...

I am woman hear me ROAR!!

becca said...

did we agree of free? I couldn't remember? no pressure after that amazing review you gave your "professional" photographer...

Crystal said...

It's good that you are soaking up the last pregnancy. I myself have taken to saying, "NO MORE! I'm done after this one!" Which was not my plan at all, but I'm just so cranky.


I always figure if Ainsley is acting awful somewhere that requires me to wait in a waiting room, I'll get taken care of faster. But I guess for the glucose test that isn't true. :)

our eternal handful said...

Are you sure it was only ONE heartbeat? Would you take $100 in coupons?! Miss you

our eternal handful said...

Are you sure it was only ONE heartbeat? Would you take $100 in coupons?! Miss you