Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Life with Four:


1. There's ALWAYS someone awake.
2. There's ALWAYS someone to feed.
3. Someone's laughing or crying ALWAYS.
4. I spend WAY TOO MUCH on things related to pee and pooh... Diapers, Wipes, Toilet Paper, and lysol.
5. I spend WAY TOO MUCH on food and drink that turns to pee and pooh.
6. No one else can ride in the van, and I'm thinking about putting on the side of it, Lucy's Day Care. Could I then get a tax write off for using it for a "business purpose"?
7. Please can someone ask me ONE MORE TIME... Are these all yours????
8. Blogging, emailing and phone calls, are few and far between.

I love it. My van prophecy was fulfilled. Long Story...no time, I've got four kiddos.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

That's kind of how I imagined it'd be. Don't ever tell Steve or he'll NEVER let us have more kids.

Erin said...

yes yes yes. You said it all. Glad you love life with 4.

becca said...

perfect scrapbook page I say. oh and are those all your kids in that picture? looks like a daycare.... ahahahahaha i crack myself up.

Des said...

I had to grin as I read this post. I remember feeling the EXACT same way after bringing home my fourth. I even did a blog post on it too! The feeling of shock and awe when you look at them together and realize they ARE all yours. It is completely mind blowing. I think in American society you are officially considered as having a LARGE family. I wonder how it will feel with 5 and having zero seatbelts left in the van?

Monique said...

Hey! I see another space in the back! But that must be for the kid you can get to be in your daycare so that it really COULD be a tax write off. :) Good thinking Lucy!

Emily said...

Wow, that is very sobering...only a few more weeks and I can join the party with you;) Hope you're hanging in there. I would only add everyone's well meaning, but rude comments- "did you plan to have this many children?" "Are you done now?" and finally, that obnoxious statement of the obvious, "wow, you really have your hands full!" (as they stand and watch you juggle the children, groceries, etc. Good times.

Barb Zinn said...

I DO RELATE!!!!!!!!!!
remember and laugh :)
You only have TWO hands and often you are outnumbered when it comes to their needs!
There are choice moments/memories in these days. Cherish them......as I promise you they do grow up!! (I went from a van to a Honda Civic!!)

Debbie said...

Lucy,
A creative answer to "are these all yours"...no, I love children so much I borrow the neighbors or any other children I can find. It will either get you a curious/crazy look or the police....lol.