Monday, March 09, 2009

Taxes, I bet mine are worse than yours.

Have you filed yet?

Seriously, I have to file FOUR state tax returns. Yup, that's the truth.

I spent more in filing state taxes, than I actually got in state refunds.

Here's some wisdom for the economy:

Elected Governor of Massachusetts in 2002, Governor Romney presided over a dramatic reversal of state fortunes and a period of sustained economic expansion. Without raising taxes or increasing debt, Governor Romney balanced the budget every year of his administration, closing a $3 billion budget gap inherited when he took office. By eliminating waste, streamlining the government, and enacting comprehensive economic reforms to stimulate growth in Massachusetts, Romney got the economy moving again and transformed deficits into surpluses.

At the beginning of Governor Romney’s term, Massachusetts was losing thousands of jobs every month. By the time he left office, the unemployment rate was lower, hundreds of companies had expanded or moved to Massachusetts, and in
the last two years of his term, the state had added approximately 60,000 jobs.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I love Mitt. He's the bomb diggity. And I hate state taxes. I remember the year we filed in 3 states. Ugh. Never 4 though. You've got me beat there.

Brandi said...

I saw a good bumper sticker today:

"Honk if I'm paying your mortgage!"

And the o in honk was the Obama O from his campaign logo.

Linds said...

Someone please remind my why he wasn't the Republican nominee? He is what we NEED right now! Not Pres. O who's just increasing the spending. Makes me sick.