Saturday, November 07, 2009

Trouble with a capital L.

My sweet innocent little Laila, has turned on me.

Today after nap she got up and instead of coming to see me with her thumb in her mouth, I could hear the pitter patter of her feet, and the dragging of a chair being scooted across the kitchen floor.

I quietly snuck up the stairs, because I LOVE to see mischief from the sidelines. (just not the aftermath)And from the corner of the kitchen I watched as she climbed up onto the counter, and then up to her feet, as she was sneaking gum. GUM - Her newest sign - THANK YOU NANNY JESS. I got her down and let her enjoy her piece of gum.

Fast Forward hours later, NOT paying attention. I find her back on the counter only this time, with 9 pieces of gum unwrapped, chewed, spit out, and a wad in her mouth.

What a girl.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Too cute!

Gwenda said...

Just be glad that wad wasn't in her hair!

Des said...

We know the sign for gum here...as my kids use it often when asking for it! There is a tip if you are trying to teach your other kids to sign as well. Whenever they want something. Make them sign it. It is great practice for everyone and a good way to use sentences. Looks like she is doing great in gross motor if she CLIMBS that is awesome! Orange and I have to catch ourselves sometimes with Gabby. We tend to be a little more easy on rules and disapline. Sometimes it is just so nice to see her do things that at one point in time we worried she would never do. It is kicking us in the butt though as she too has figured this out we think!! Oh yeah, as I continue to write a novel here...I was also going to let you know something else that REALLY helped us. A tip from a signing aid. She wanted us to use the following phrases to get Gabby doing more then just labeling. Start her sentences with "I see, I feel, I need, I want, I have." This was really helpful.

Monique said...

Awesome! I was dreading that there was going to be gum in the hair or something. PHEW! GOOO COLTS!!

Lori said...

I'm with Gwenda. :) If and when that happens, peanut butter is AMAZING at getting gum out of our little girls' hair. :)