Thursday, November 05, 2009

Working out (and hard), Feeling Good

With all that has been going on here - total craziness - with four kids - I'm actually feeling good.

It's been almost 30 days of regular exercise - ok so maybe closer to 3 weeks, but I already feel a ton better, AND stronger. It's almost like my body is remembering the good ol' days before kids!

I started thinking about my Holiday Game Plan - (my eating game plan)- and thought that is just it! Have a plan! The treats that enter my door - half immediately to the trash. The other half we enjoy. The treats I make - 3/4 out the door! And finally plan some good choices and snacks to eat, so that there are healthy options for me to choose.

It's so much harder to lose than to gain - and this holiday season - I want to give a gift to me - and that's good health!

3 comments:

Des said...

A gift a good health to yourself is great. Fitting in the size jean that you want...even better:) I'm working on it. It has been a little frustrating. I ran a 5K back in September and now I am training for a 4 mile race Thanksgiving morning. It has been tough this time for some reason. Normally when I decide that's it. I frequently find myself nibbling on candy and procrastinating my daily runs. ARGH!! Where are you determination?? The only thing I got is telling myself I am only 5 months post partum. It works sometimes:( You got good motivation though, looking sexy when hubby comes home is a good one. Plus, seeing friends in January might "help"...not me but maybe you:) Good job Lucy, keep it up!!!!!!

Erin said...

I am so impressed with your daily exercise. I don't know how you do it. Your plan sounds good, but I couldn't bear to throw stuff in the trash (unless it is lollipops or something lame from Halloween). Anything decent I would put in the freezer for the kids' lunches.

Lucy said...

Erin, if I could resist the temptation I would - but in the trash this year it must go! :)