Friday, February 19, 2010

Come Home.

I found myself a new favorite song. Come Home by OneRepublic.

Josh and I have been going through a rough time. Mostly induced by my selfishness, and it has been a hard few months. I am grateful for this struggle and what I've experienced and learned along the way. I regret the hurt and turmoil I've put my family through, but I wouldn't change anything.

I needed to learn these lessons. I needed to learn that I need to put my family above what I want. I needed to learn that marriage is about commitment, and I made some serious covenants. I needed to learn that life without Josh isn't all that pleasant.

I needed to learn some new ways to love.

Perhaps, I'm sharing too much. Josh, forgive me! But if you know me, I hate the idea of putting on a happy face and pretending life is good. I'm a real person with real problems. I'm so not perfect. I've made some mistakes, but don't you think this life is about what we're made of? What kind of person am I? Well, I'm working on being a better one.

The song I mentioned earlier is for Josh. I've missed you, Come Home.

2 comments:

Monique said...

Love this Lucy. Boys are good at ticking off women. Isn't there a clause that says, "Your wife knows everything, so listen up?" when you get married? I think there should be.

Erin said...

that was a really beautiful song. I hope he will come home soon. Nathan and I really enjoyed this song that was a remake of a New Order song:

http://erinnatewood.blogspot.com/2009/12/gorgeous-song.html

you are an amazing woman Lucy! I know you can get through this and be strengthened by it.