Monday, February 22, 2010

I made a new friend.

I L.O.V.E. making new friends.

I think because I lack a mothering mother, Heavenly Father has blessed me with some amazing friends. Friends that I've prayed, cried, laughed, cursed with, you know who you are, pray tell, have I been a good friend to you?!?

For some reason, probably lots of them, I haven't been entirely myself here in C-ville. So I took some good counsel and have started reaching out. Sigh. Tough when I'm a single mom to four kids. I mean who would want to have me over???

So for two weeks running, I've had some families over for dinner. What fun! Both evenings were a great success. But one, in particular, seemed almost an answer to a prayer. I think she needed me and I needed her. Today, I saw that she had made it to the gym, and on the sign in sheet, made a HUGE deal about her making it. It's dang hard as a mom to make it! When I left, there was a cute little note that said "You Rock" next to where I signed in my kids. I've been having a hard time, feeling a little alone, and so that little note, made my day.

Maybe this advice would help you: Reach out.

You could bless others, and they could bless you.

4 comments:

becca said...

good! tell your friend I say thank you.

Linds said...

Super sweet! I'm so happy you had a great moment like that. I need to take your advice and reach out. I'm dumb sometimes and wonder...why doesn't anyone call me? Well that's not going to get me anywhere.

And I'm glad that you're back to blogging, it makes me feel like I don't have to call and bug you all the time to see how you are :)

Lucy said...

Lindsay, YOU can call ANYTIME. Or text even! ;)

How are you guys??

Barb Zinn said...

Lucy:
YOU do ROCK and I am so proud of all that you have accomplished in your life so far........and there is much more to come!
Heavenly Father is always there to make up for things we are missing in our lives.....I KNOW that first hand and I too am glad you are back blogging!!