Thursday, August 16, 2007

Progress





Here's the progress made so far on the windows/siding.


Also, here's what 200 bucks worth of dirt looks like, and from now on when I sweep my house I'm going to collect the dirt instead of put it in the trash, this way I can save it and when I need it I won't have to buy it.


Three cheers to the Elders for the free labor - they were great and helped me fill some major holes, they even offered to come back next week. Yeah there's a lot to do.


It was interesting they taught us a scripture from the Book of Mormon and about Ammon who was tied up before the king and instead of being killed, they offered him the king's daughter to marry, but instead, Ammon chose to be a servant to the king. This is a great story found here. However I love the scripture later on that is found in 19:14 "Now Ammon seeing the Spirit of the Lord poured out according to his prayers upon the Lamanites, his brethren, who had been the cause of so much mourning among the Nephites, or among all the people of God because of their iniquities and their traditions, he fell upon his knees, and began to pour out his soul in prayer and thanksgiving to God for what he had done for his brethren; and he was also overpowered with JOY...


Serving others brings Joy to you - what a great and perfect message for my blog.


Thanks for all the service you do for me, and for others.

2 comments:

becca said...

wow, I have a feeling we are going to be blown away by the finish product here! looks good!!

Anonymous said...

What the CRAP! That is waaaaay too much work for me. Don't get me wrong it looks great, but I must say you always have been a brave one like that.