Sunday, January 27, 2008

A Favorite Thank You

The weeks before Josh made it home from his "trip", I was asked to accomplish a seemingly difficult task. However, as honored as I was, I could not say no. Nor did I know, how I would do the project for my friend. A scrapbook to remember a daughter lost. It happened a little over 14 years ago, a pregnant mommy, and a terrible car crash. She lost a little girl, Emily. I was able to make a small scrapbook with shadow box for her. I wanted to focus on hope and peace, and the eternal nature of families. I knew my friend did not know how to thank me, and truly it was an honor to share in the sacredness of their story, a thank you wasn't even needed. I was happy to do it. While working on the project there were some pictures of Emily, they had tried to save her, and so she was bruised where they intubated her. Colson happened to see it, and began to ask several questions about her. I tried to explain to him what happened. He paused for a moment and said. "I know who I'm going to do at the temple, when I turn twelve." I was so impressed with his tender heart. That is my son, sweet, pure and future apostle:). So, to my friend, I thank you, for giving me the opportunity to see such compassion in my little boy. And thank you for the wonderful note, and beautiful flowers. Fresh flowers are truly one of my favorite things.

For those of you of other faiths you can learn more about what Colson was talking about HERE.






3 comments:

Gwenda said...

Viviane shared the scrapbook and shadow box, along with her memories of that time, with me. How beautiful! My nephew was still born that same year, one month later than Emily's death. I told his mother about your act of love for Viviane. She would LOVE something like that for her son. Perhaps one day she will.

becca said...

Wow! I can smell the flowers. What a wonderful experience for all of you!

Unknown said...

Lucy,
I love you. You amaze me.