Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Laila at six months


I completely missed five months due to a camera malfunction, but here we are. She's arrived to the six month mark. And maybe you overachieving mothers out there would be shocked at the list of accomplishments she's made up to this point, however, you just go ahead and push and prod your children to the top. I'll happily extend the non-mobile baby as long as I can, so without further ado, here are her abilities... smiles, coos, babbles, laughs, reaches and grabs, rolls over only from her tummy to her back, almost the other way, but not quite, pushes head up at a 90 degree angle. She does not however, sit up alone, and doesn't appear to be all that close. Am I worried?? Nope. I know that children develop by daily placing them on the belly. But I've also learned if you don't do this they will still learn, just later. Exactly. Did you know this?? I mean who wants a crawler?? That means they move, no thank you.

Here she is enjoying some bananas and rice cereal. Yummy.

6 comments:

Des said...

She is so cute Lucy. I can't believe she is a half a year old. It sounds older then 6mos to me. Wow, that darn father TIME. Him and I don't get along very well. We are right behind you with our baby. Thanks for the invite to your dark side blog. I would suffer a great loss not being able to view your happenings. Love Des

Sarie said...

She is another beautiful Heath baby! I can't believe she's 6 mos.!! Time really flies. Now, do some sit-ups.
love,sarah

Gwenda said...

What a great picture of a beautiful baby! She is adorable!

My oldest son, Brady, now age 13, didn't sit up until he was 8 months old. That is within the normal range. I'm with you, keep them stationary for as long as you can!!

Th. said...

.

Large S is the same age and LOVING HIS CEREAL.

Emily said...

Hey! Love the photo. Tried to call you and somehow only have your old number, so call me!

becca said...

OOH can I scrap this photo??? What a doll! show off with the camera. Geez. I love how you proudly stunt your children's development. Makes me proud to be your sis.