Wednesday, April 23, 2008

30, Flirty and Fabulous!

Today IS the day. I've arrived!!

I was dreading this day for a few months now, it's here, it's at a close, and I made it! Thanks to several GREAT friends.

It started by two of my friends Sally and Sue (names have been changed to protect the innocent). They just HAD to be the VERY FIRST to wish me a Happy Birthday. I was sound asleep in the comfort of my own bed when at 11:47 p.m. I'm awoken to two women's voices singing Happy Birthday and throwing stones at my window. I knew exactly who it was, but wasn't sure what to do with these two crazies... eventually they left our window and we could hear them at the back door. Josh set the car alarm off from the bedroom, I couldn't believe that would work! I guess it was good timing, because it was right when Sue had leaned against the car. ANYWAY they brought me this incredibly distasteful cake, so if you're easily offended don't look on!! Either in good taste or not, it broke the ice for turning thirty, when I realized that these two, who are WAY older than me are out in the middle of the night with obscene cakes still having fun, I should have no worries turning thirty. The joke is a little inside joke, the board on the cake says "Have a hanging birthday!" O.k. so I've been a little upset about the droopy factor if you know what I mean! :)



















This morning I went to the Y, did my 30 minutes of heart improving exercise, I did take it easy, I opted for the elliptical instead of the treadmill, I mean hey, it's my birthday!

Then I came home and talked to a sister or two that called, my dad and stepmom, and a neighbor stopped by with these two framed pictures, so nice of her! Then Hallie and I went shopping, and got lost in TJMaxx for a couple of hours, I LOVE that store!! You never know what you'll find! We came home and picked up a bit, another neighbor brought over a casserole, I love elderly neighbors, they are so kind and thoughtful! A few more friends called, another dropped off a GREAT gift, so thoughtful, thanks Linds, you rock!

Josh and the kids got me an IPOD!! Sweet, I'm so in love already. I am picturing myself running miles and miles with that good friend. It came with apple stickers, and I told Josh, SWEET, I can do a scrapbook page about my new friend! We then went and enjoyed dinner, i only ate half the portion. (I hear your metabolism starts a decline when you hit thirty) We then took the kids swimming at the Y, I did a few laps, it felt great to hang with the family!

Then at the end of the night, my friend Sonia gave me my last and final gift of the night, which sums today up PERFECTLY. Just read the quote on the pillow!

Thanks to all those that called and emailed, there is NOTHING like being remembered.

Love you all!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! You've always rocked Lucy so go rock your 30s!! Okay so that was kind of cheesy but do it anyway.

Erin said...

I am glad to hear you had a great birthday Lucy! What awesome friends. That is the funniest cake ever. Happy happy Birthday!

Crystal said...

omg! that cake is fabulous! tee hee...Happy Birthday!

The Galan Family said...

What a great quote! I love it! Hope you had a great day Lucy. Happy Birthday!

The Galan Family said...

Hey, I just realized you totally censored the cake! I want to see the whole thing. Let me guess, is it saggy boobs?

MaryRuth said...

Welcome to the dark side... it's not as bad as we were told.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

slopsemafamily said...

Happy Belated 30th!

becca said...

hehe. I love your friends! Sounds like a great day! love ya sis!

Harmony said...

Happy Birthday! You are an inspiration to all almost 30 year olds. YOU RULE!

What a funny way to start your birthday--and I LOVE the censored cake. Wohoo, boobies! Yeah, I said it.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Monique said...

Ohhhh funny! You worked out TWICE on your birthday? Happy Birthday babe!

Marianne said...

Thirty is great! You are fabulous. BTW, I like the shoes, the dress, the bow, everything about that outfit you wore. You are so beautiful.

Emily said...

I am more curious to know where they had to go to get that cake pan! Glad that your day passed with lots of love to ease the mental part of it all!

Sheila said...

What a wonderful day!!!! Happy birthday!!! I'm glad you have so many wonderful friends to make your day awesome!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sue and Sally sound like the very best kind of friends any girl would like to have....and they sang for you too?!? Wow, lucky girl. (P.s. There was Geritol in that cake, which is why you're feeling pretty good) :)