Saturday, April 19, 2008

Eye Witness

to a hit and run, in a parking lot. That's what I was today, along with two other people. But no one waited but me, I called the police reported the driver and then everyone took off!! I, holding Laila, stood there in the parking lot waiting for the police to come, so that the poor driver of the Saturn, was notified of who exactly hit their car. While the police checked the vehicle they discovered the driver was 90 years old!!! He had backed into the car, and then just took off!! I was waving at him, and I know he AND his wife saw me, but did not stop!! And they both jerked forward, so I know he could at least FEEL the collision! The policeman (woman) said I can't write a ticket to a hit and run for a 90 year old man... Oh must be nice. Definitely reminds me of Fried Green Tomatoes, "I'm older, and I've got more insurance." What was more funny is the other eye witness was asked by the old man where the library was, so they were able to find the car right away!!! One reason why I'm particularly irritated with this, is that, my poor sister in high school, fell victim to a hit and run, never found the person that did it, and ended up costing her money. SO moral of the story. If you see something, call the police, report it. Take the time to help someone out. And with that, Old Geiser man with no morals, totally lucked out, too, he wasn't ticketed for a hit and run. You never know.

3 comments:

becca said...

ah yes the hit and run. that was a sad day. boo hoo. I believe I parked in the street so you could get out the driveway the next day... Good for you for staying to report it and all that. I am shocked that just because you are like, 100 years old, you are no longer accountable for your actions? geesh. cant wait till Im really really old. Seems like those are the people who should not only be ticketed, but lose their licence for the rest of their lives...which would be like what, maybe a year or two. What if they hit a person, like you and laila, standing by your car. Would that be excused? come on America, where are your brains? ok. i need chocolate. Love ya! Im glad it wasnt your van! that would be the luck.

Sarah said...

I was hit buy an elderly man in the parking lot a few months ago and he took off too. Someone in the car next to me stayed and wrote down the information for me but it didn't do any damage, luckily. And the police officer was not doing anyone any favors, I don't want those kind of drivers on the road.

The Galan Family said...

I was in a hit and run accident. The guy hit me and took off and I chased after him in my car! I followed him for a few blocks while calling the police on my cell phone. He finally pulled into a parking lot and said, "I was just looking for a good place to pull over." YEAH right! He was seriously crazy.