Friday, April 25, 2008

Applesauce-Oatmeal Cookies

This is for Alexis and Sarah - per their request! I think Gwenda asked, too!

1/3 C butter or margerine, softened
2/3 C packed brown sugar
1/2 t ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 egg
1/2 C unsweetened applesauce
1 1/4 C all purpose flour (I used 1/2 cup of whole wheat and 3/4 cup white flour)
1 1/4 C rolled oats

Beat butter for 30 sec on high speed.

Add brown sugar, cinnamon, and baking soda, Beat till combined.

Beat in egg and applesauce till combined.

Beat in as much flour as you can, stir in the rolled oats.

rounded teaspons, 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake at 375 for 8 - 10 minutes, Yields about 2 dozen


I doubled this recipe... and had plenty for a weeks worth of after school snacks. They were YUMMY, very soft, cookies... and not too bad for ya! And I LOVE recipes, that contain basically everything from my pantry!!

6 comments:

Alexis said...

Thank you! I'm excited to try them! I'm glad you had such a good birthday!

The Galan Family said...

Um HELLO! How long have you known me? I am Sarah with an H! Bet you'll never make that mistake again! :)

The Galan Family said...

Oh, Thanks for the recipe. :)

Lucy said...

Sarah, I'm well aware you have an H, cut me some slack! :)

Bastianclan said...

Lucy they sound Yummy I think I am going to make them today.
Thanks
Tina

Jennifer said...

Lucy these look totally yummy, I'll have to try them!

PS- Yes thats me on my blog header, from mannnny years ago when I was young.

Oooh Feisty SaraH, that just totally cracked me up!