Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Top Ten Reasons to Vacation WITHOUT kids.






10. Beach? NO, I want to swim in the lazy river!

9. YUM, I'll order Mac N Cheese for lunch, seafood, forget it.

8. Sand and diapers don't mix.

7. 4 kids, 2 adults, 1 hotel room = Less sleep than when at home.

6. Just when you're ready to walk out the door, what's that smell?

5. Trouble navigating hallways with your luggage cart filled to the top with kid gear, that bump was a kid!

4. I know! We'll rent those fancy bikes that we can all fit on. Oh wait, we have four kids and not ONE of them can reach the pedals to help, oops.

3. That's weird how sand is sticking to only one side of the 'anonymous' child's leg. It's almost as if they peed their pants right here on the beach.

2. Are we there yet? (a 3 hour trip)

And the number 1 reason to vacation without kids... While buckling child into backpack, a seagull pooped on my head.

Fooled ya!! We had a great time anyway!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a great vacation! Glad you had a great time!

becca said...

hey did I send you that dress that laila is wearing? I got it from Kelly, wonder if she will see it! Too funny.

I love Laila's facial expression, and the kids knocked out, I would say that could be the Number 1 reason to vacation with the kids.

Emily said...

Classic photo! Don't you just always feel like that after a vacation!

The Galan Family said...

How fun! You never mentioned where you guys went! Glad you had a great time. Thanks for the phone call yesterday! I will call you back when the craziness is over. Love you!