Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Laila

Before the septic problems, like 2 days before, I knew I needed to make a decision about Laila. She has had so many random symptoms, and although the neurologist said we could do an MRI, I decided to wait it out, as Josh would be leaving. Needless to say, with the vomiting symptom, and a few other things, I realized I needed to proceed in the direction of a Brain MRI.

I wanted to wait to tell Josh, so that he wouldn't worry from 7,000 miles away, but the burden of everything came crashing down when I received the paperwork for the MRI in the mail yesterday. It's no small thing, and I need the support. I've been trying to do so much alone, that this is something I just couldn't do alone. I talked to Josh this morning, and of course he was as calm as can be, yet, trying to figure out if he should try and come home for the test. Our little Laila just can't exist without her buddy. We're not sure what's going to happen, if Josh can make it back. But we know they are looking for a Brain Tumor, which sounds bad, but, does happen in kids, and the prognosis is usually good. A surgery and some therapies. We are kind of torn because we want to help her in every possible way, and it is breaking my heart to watch her try to speak, and have all these weird symptoms that it might be nice to have a way to "fix" it. And yet, we are talking about a tumor.

So, friends and family, we are having a special fast on Sunday. We are not looking for a fast that it is not a tumor, although that would be great! We need your strength and support right now. So if you wouldn't mind fasting that our family can have the strength we need, and that no matter what Laila will be in the best care.

Laila will be going in on Wed. Dec. 23 at noon. It requires a Pediatric Sedation Team, and will last approximately 45 minutes. We will probably not have results until the Monday after Christmas, which happens to be Josh and I's 10 year wedding anniversary. We will keep you posted as best we can! Who knows, maybe Josh will be home for Christmas after all! Remember, I'm finding Joy this week.

Thanks everyone, and eventually I'll post some pictures again, I promise...

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't worry Lucy, we'll do everything we can from our end, you just hold and comfort that little gal, and in the mean time take good care of yourself mentally, physically, and spiritually and the Lord will bless you to have comfort and peace throughout this time. You are so lucky to have the other 3 kids to lean on as well as Josh! Just remember the joy they bring each day and have faith that everything will work out just fine. We love you Lucy and we will be keeping your family in our prayers each day! Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

The Terrell Family said...

You're in our prayers!

Brandi said...

About 10 minutes before I read your post I got a call from my endocrinologist telling me that I'm 100% not diabetic anymore.

My first thought was, "I can finally fast for the first time in 10 years!"

And now I have a good reason to do so.

Emily said...

Definitely. Prayers and prayers going to your family.

Unknown said...

Hang in there Lucy! We had already decided to use this Sunday as a fast for your family so I'm glad that we can join in to strengthen even greater numbers. We love you guys!

Sarah said...

Oh sweetie. We'll be praying for you and fast for you on Sunday. Good luck doesn't seem strong enough. Best wishes? God bless? Yes, God bless.

Des said...

I hope that the test can put your mind at ease. What a load for you to carry right now on your own!. Wow, this is all NEXT WEEK! That sounds both scary and yet a little of a relief that you don't have to wait so long to get it done. Wish we lived closer:(

Sonia said...

Done.

Lucy said...

Thanks everybody! Josh will not be making it home for the Holidays. They are relocating him on the 27th in case he has to make it home for a surgery, which is sort of good news?? We should know the beginning of the week after Christmas.

{leah} said...

Our prayers are with you!!

Linds said...

You'll (and your family and your Laila) will be in my thoughts and prayers. I know there is so much that doctors can do now- it's hard when any of our kids go through hard things like this. I was so afraid to go and get help for Bridgette, and now she's doing so well. I know not quite the same. She has autism, but in a way I can relate. Love ya!

Harmony said...

Our entire Young Womens is fasting for your family tomorrow. I'll be thinking about you guys!

Debbie said...

I'm praying for your family.

Brandee said...

I just read this - I had no idea all of this was going on! We will keep you in our prayers and we hope to hear good news (whatever that may be) on Monday. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas with all those sweet kids!