Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Fruitful Summer

This summer we went picking blueberries and raspberries, both are stockpiled in the freezer. We also grabbed a bunch of peaches at only 55 cents a pound, which are also in the freezer, it's my first attempts of "storing" fresh produce of any kind. Baby steps.




I looked at Laila, and sure enough, she was doing her own picking, I guess she got close enough to the berries...




Laila enjoying MORE fruits of our labors:



This is a picture of my basement for Bec, she had worked on the basement with me before, and has been dying to see the finished project months later. This may not look like much, but um... the basement walls and floors were HOT PINK, no joke.

This summer, thanks to Josh, has been one project after another. I still love home ownership, I swear!! :)



Josh had this great idea to "camp" in the backyard, oh the kids had such a blast. Somehow taking the laptop into the tent with them, and watching movies didn't quite seem like the camping I remember. But hey, it was free, and I slept great all by myself! :)



I've taken a four month hiatus from the scrapping world, and look who's back???


And I'm feeling like such a generous fool... How about a surprise treat for anyone who can guess why I am TOTALLY EXCITED for summer to be over, and for this Date!

14 comments:

Emily said...

Love the layout and your basement looks huge! I wish I could have gone berry picking with you! I also loved your previous political posts, and I'm looking forward to more to come. I know you too well and I know that's not all you had to say:)

Unknown said...

Is that when the kids go back to school? If so, that's really late! Just a guess! Haha!

The Galan Family said...

Could that be the date that you are officially covered by insurance through Josh's new job?? Just a guess. Sorry my phone died yesterday. I am still calling you back. Everybody is going berry picking this summer! Where are these places? Looks like fun. I never realized how HUGE your basement is and how much you guys have accomplished. By the way, I know you don't think so, but your backyard is so cool! Huge selling point, remember that! I would love a big yard like that. Toodles.

Harmony said...

Is it for THE OFFICE?!?! If it isn't, it SHOULD be!

Crystal said...

look at those berries! I'm so jealous. I've found that produce here is more expensive at the commissary then on the economy. Both ways, it's absurdly expensive! But I guess that's why we get a COLA.

MaryRuth said...

I love the fresh berries! I'm having total envy! and the scrapbook page is great!

Unknown said...

Are you that excited for the 2008 Presidential Election Debates? Is that the big fun on the 26th? That's my only guess for now.

Love the first birthday layout - Laila is a cutie with all the cake on her face and with the berries as well.

Gwenda said...

Love the scrapbook page! You inspire me!

Frozen peaches are my favorite! There's nothing like eating them before they are completely thawed on a hot summer day, or any day for that matter! Is September 25th the day you invite me over for a large bowl full? LOL!!

Bastianclan said...

Yumm your berries look so good. I love peaches.
your page of Laila is so beautiful. It's funny how we take break from our scrapbooking then come back ready to go... I think that is what keeps us scrapbooking year after year hu?
I love love love your back yard. Wow!!!! it's huge. What a fun "family Night" all you need now is a fire pit.

Sarah said...

I'm with Harmony. Please tell me that's when the Office starts! Love your scrapbook page. The "One" thing is such a cute idea!

LNJ said...

I'm so jealous of the berries, but at least you're utilizing the best part about having kids: Free Labor!!!

becca said...

ooh thank you thank you thank you for the basement pic. I mean, laila is cute and we all love photos of josh working, but yes, I have been waiting for the basement. Hot pink it was, not to mention that wall wasnt there before! Looks great! you guys are seriously machines!

I think I know that date is not the kids starting school, I agree, I WANT it to be the Office. I have been watching season 2 on DVD this week. Sigh...

Erin said...

I am jealous of your stockpile! You should try making some freezer jam with it. It is no cook and I think there is even a peach-rasp recipe when you buy the pectin.

The scrapbook page is beautiful.

I know the Office is starting that night. And I love 30 Rock too!

Mad Queen said...

Love the berry pictures!... Laila sneaking the berries from the backpack is priceless. And love your scrapbook page of Laila turning one.. .awesome.

Great work on the home improvements! This month I have weeded, trimmed trees, painted, replaced all 3 toilet parts, recocked all 3 bathrooms, cleaned our carpets, and repaired 3 roof tiles... oh the joy of home ownership. Totally worth it.