Wednesday, August 20, 2008

You guessed it!

Harmony, it's you. You scored a couple new OFFICE supplies... email me, and I will send them your way. I'm totally excited for the new season, with NO writers' strike!

Also, Josh has begun the horrendous commute along with his new AMAZING job. I could see the freedom in his face when he came home last night!! He said at company headquarters they had a sign "WELCOME JOSH", and gave him a sweatshirt, a couple t-shirts, pens, cups, and other stuff. We also heard the Christmas party is totally worth attending. Sweet. We are thrilled for this great opportunity.

Can we go back for a minute and describe Josh's first day in the Army?? They arrived at 4 a.m. to drag him off to basic training where I didn't see him or talk to him but twice in 10 weeks, and it was here, where the shin fractures began. One night someone had snuck some candy from somewhere and they decided to smoke the guys. Josh was paired with a 250 pound guy(Josh weighed a mere 145 in basic), and forced them for an hour, to take turns carrying each other over their shoulders. From that point on he had broken his shins in multiple places and has scar tissue from the damage. Oh how we are enjoying our freedom. I have no idea why the Army struggles with retention. hmmmmm....

I shall say, we wouldn't change a thing. We made our decision to join prayerfully, and truly believe we learned more about each other, and what we were capable of in those six years. True Grit.

So, Adios to the Army, and ALOHA to a great new job!! Did I mention Josh will likely travel to Korea and Hawaii for his job. Bummer. HARDLY!! I've been dying to go to Korea ever since we were married, and Hawaii, well that's a no brainer!! So friends, a new phase has begun. I wish we could lose the house, and get closer, but this is just another short term trial. We have so many blessings, it's hard to feel bad about that.

Well, I'm off to get something done, since Josh is gone... Take Care everybody!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL! I'm so happy for you guys! Shirts, pens, cups and a killer Christmas Party...what more could a guy want?!

Monique said...

Shirts! I'll do anything for a free t-shirt. :) Even join the ... nevermind. Glad to hear everything is working out.

{leah} said...

I'm sucker for free stuff! And that's pretty much our story with the Army too. Steve went in fine, and came out broken. But I'm with you, I wouldn't trade it fr the world.... I got meet you, a DEFINATE perk to being in the military!!!

Harmony said...

YES! I never win anything! AND you're going to come to Hawaii? Does this day get better? WOWOOOOOO!!!

becca said...

awe! so exciting!! but dont we do that for you guys every time you come visit? hang banners, give you free stuff, oh wait, I have you mixed up with someone else... congrats to josh!! (and I think the commute blows big chunks -hey, so do you-;-)

The Galan Family said...

I must say there WAS quite a contrast between those first two days of work. Josh is going to do great in the civilian world. Just wait until he starts using that witty sense of humor around his co-workers, they are going to love him! Awesome that he got a Welcome sign. The company sounds great. I'm happy for you guys.

Mad Queen said...

Sounds great to me... I had no idea the army was really that bruttle (sp?). My Dad was in the army, but he is pretty tight lipped about it all...Vietnam, you know.

Yes, Lucy, you really showed you have grit, true grit.

Congrats on the welcomed change!

our eternal handful said...

Congratulations Josh!! We'll send you a Garden of the Gods mug for your collection :)

Gwenda said...

They made a 145 pound man carry another man weighing 250? OUCH! I'm so glad you said goodbye to the Army and have moved on to something way better!

LNJ said...

I'm glad the new job is working out! congrats again Josh!