Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The McCain Train.

O.k. Catch the phrase, it's rocking, better yet, get on the train.

I love THIS FRIEND, (MaryRuth), she totally says how it is, and her reasoning, it's her blog after all. So, ta da, you get to agree, or disagree, totally fine with me, but hey it's my opinion, my blog!

Why the McCain Train? - From a not so political Mom to be of 4.

1. POW - Have some respect.
2. Age - Does not ALWAYS mean wisdom. In this case, however, it does.
3. Josh's Employment is dependent on a President that cares about National Security.
4. Compare Resumes. Just do it.
5. PRO-LIFE.

And Finally, THE FAMILY. From John McCain's Website:

The family represents the foundation of Western Civilization and civil society and John McCain believes the institution of marriage is a union between one man and one woman. It is only this definition that sufficiently recognizes the vital and unique role played by mothers and fathers in the raising of children, and the role of the family in shaping, stabilizing, and strengthening communities and our nation.

And since I belong to THIS CHURCH, I have a duty to vote for and support those that agree with The Family Proclamation.

Quoted from the Proclamation:

The first commandment that God gave to Adam and Eve pertained to their potential for parenthood as husband and wife. We declare that God’s commandment for His children to multiply and replenish the earth remains in force. We further declare that God has commanded that the sacred powers of procreation are to be employed only between man and woman, lawfully wedded as husband and wife.

How about that to start?

If you're interested in learning more about him, or contribute to his campaign go HERE.

And the following is a video of his competition, should be an interesting race for the White House, I hope you participate in YOUR civil duty, you can also begin the process to register to vote directly from the McCain Website.

12 comments:

MaryRuth said...

Hi!

1. Love that you gave me a shout out... too funny!

2. I'm voting for McCain. He's not my absolute all time favorite pick but he's absolutely the best choice in this race.

The thought of Obama as president makes me sick to my stomach.

3. I agree with all the reasons that you posted about!

Thanks for sharing your opinion!

The Galan Family said...

Lucy, You brought up some very good points. A lot to think about. I'm still not very impressed right now with either candidate, but I guess the best option might be the lesser of two evils. Funny video. Miss ya.

CJ said...

Cj showed me that video and i thought it would have been better to Michael Jackson's (although it's not really him, that no name guy sings it) 'Somebody's Watching Me.'

I just wish that the country would REALLY educate themselves about Obama instead of basing it on the whole "it" factor, which they think he has. As you know, Cj is very political, and this is a household that can't help but be educated about both sides.
Like Sarah, i am not pleased that McCain was the candidate chosen, but he really is the best choice of the two, i feel.
emily g

The Terrell Family said...

Hey Lucy, we must have been sharing brain waves this morning. Thanks for sharing your ideas and opinions. You've got to love America!!

LNJ said...

Okay, first, I've been a big fan of McCain for a long time, and I'm super excited that he's running. He's a republican that even us Democrats (GASP!) would vote for, so I think he's got a great chance of winning! Second, that video of Obama is the most redeeming thing I've seen of him in a long time, despite it being the back drop to the gayest song of all time. Too bad he probably can't take credit for it, although he will probably try!

becca said...

here here. I am not totally crazy about either canadate either, but in the wise words of our father; "if you are ever in doubt, just vote republican" so there you go. You know I loved the video!! LMAO!

Sarah said...

I don't love McCain, but he's definately my pick for this election. I shudder to think of what would happen if Obama was elected. He is such a powder puff. All fluff -no substance.

Monique said...

Sho nuf girl! I fear the worst if Obamma is Pres. . . scary! McCain is definitely the better of two, but I would not call him evil...Obama on the other hand...

Shilae said...

I'll be voting for Obama this year--or at least plan to, but we'll see who the VP choices are. I'm not happy with the state of our nation, and I don't think McCain will be different enough from the current adminstration to make a difference.

Josh said...

I will be voting for McCain as well. He has a solid record of bipartisanship and military experience, which I think is absolutely necessary to fill the role of commander and chief. I, like most Americans, are not happy with the current state of the country, but I think in all fairness to Bush, he inherited a lot of the current mess. Reductions in the military and intelligence community by previous administrations play a big role in our current mess. I also feel that the biggest reason our country is in the state that it is in is due to the absolutely abysmal job that congress has been doing. Both parties are more concerned about furthering their own political careers than the good of the country.

Crystal said...

There was a senior missionary couple serving in San Angelo when I was there a few years ago. The brother's name is Larry Chesley and he was a POW with McCain. He still has lunch with him on occasion and told us, "Doesn't matter who he's running against, he's the man I trusted with my life then, he's the one I trust now." That give me some perspective.

Marianne said...

Ditto what Josh said.

I would also like to add that as the military gets cut, so do our benefits. We'll be retiring in a little less than three years. Mel will get a great job and will most likely have insurance, but we worked hard for those benefits. That's one of the reasons we will have stayed in for 20 years. I don't want the chance that my benefits will go to some fluffy bureacratic (sp) program that won't really help anyone anyway.