Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Minority.

My first experience being in the minority was in high school. I remember feeling incredibly out of place, with my standards so far from my peers. It was an awkward, uncomfortable feeling to stand alone because of my choices. Didn't enjoy it, but thankfully wasn't too ornery. At least that's what I'll put in writing. My dad reads this!!

I was a minority in this election. The majority picked a man I would never pick, I'm thinking WHERE'S HILARY??

But there is another issue I'm in the minority, as I read in the news yesterday. President Bush has the lowest approval rating of all time. So this means, I am in the smallest minority EVER!

But, in years to come, I have no doubt as Bush's presidency is examined he will go down in history as one seriously respectable president.

I will support him to the end, and will miss my sense of security I had with him in charge. To President Bush, my American President, I wish you a fond farewell. You've done your duty. And only God knows the burden you carried for 8 years.

And to Barack, I'm not one of the 71% of people that are hopeful. However, as long as you make true on your promises of keeping my taxes low, and getting the budget in check, and continue to keep America safe, I will be fine. But truth be told, I'll never be more involved in a campaign than in four years. May God keep you humble, honest, and doing the right thing for our country.

6 comments:

Slavka said...

Amen!

Alexis said...

Lucy, I'm right with you. I really liked President Bush. Most of the time I just keep quiet about him just because I know I will be torn apart! It will be interesting to see if Obama will bring the change he keeps "talking about"...I hope you are doing good! Good luck with your move!

becca said...

well said! I know what you mean. All the footage of the obamas visiting the white house made me notice the difference in the two men. I love Dubyah. I am nervous about our future, you said it all.

Ariella said...

Amen! Slavka beat me to it. ;)

Lori said...

What did people REALLY expect from him? He has had a tumultuous 8 years. I would have loved to see someone else do a better job; I don't think they could have. (Well, I really wouldn't want someone else though.) Your post gave me chills Lucy.

MaryRuth said...

I like Bush and I feel he's had a tough go of it... 9/11 AND Katrina. Two very tough things to deal with.

I'm sick to my stomach about Obama. How can people even possibly think that he'll be good for our country. Ugh.

Great post!