Sunday, March 21, 2010

Laila



Well Laila is the 4th and final entry in my recent kid updates. She tends to get a lot of blog time because of all that goes on with her. She recently had a speech and language evaluation and she tested very well cognitively, and on receptive language. Her oral expressive language is almost 2 years behind where she should be. Which is a little painful to hear as a mom. However, the sign language has proved to be quite critical in her communication. I have a hard time with her constant whimperings for things, but we love her still the same. She should begin speech therapy at Colson and Hallie's school, I'm not sure when that will begin, but hopefully it will be good for her, I suppose it couldn't hurt.

She is such a friendly girl and insists on waving to people until they wave back. Meaning we eventually get waved at or smiled at from even the grumpiest looking people. She makes everyone feel loved and is very playful. She causes us the most worry, but has such a fun personality that we just love. My sweet Laila, I can't believe how quickly time is flying by.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE the dress!!! So, so, cute!!!

Des said...

She is BEAUTIFUL! I love her curly hair. Gosh, I still have images of her as baby in my head. She is getting so big!