Monday, July 07, 2008

Baby Surprise.

Well as most of you have figured out baby number four is on its way.

Many of you have congratulated us, and commented on how brave I am. Well at first, I was thinking to myself, I'm not brave, I'm foolish. All I had done up to this point was, well, be irresponsible, and enjoy some fun with Josh, he he. No, really, I was NOT excited about this development. I was crying. I was screaming, I was frustrated, and well down right annoyed with myself. This is the truth, the raw emotions. We have no job, we have a mortgage, and now we have a pregnancy. What on earth! I truly could not understand what Heavenly Father wanted us to do. His plan for us is never the plan we have for ourselves. But, I finally this morning was able to come to the place where this baby is something truly to look forward to. He/She will complete our family, another blessing headed our way. What was the changing point for me? Well I tried to figure out my due date... it's February, I think I'm only 8 weeks - BUT, this is what's happening right now:

The crown to rump length of your baby is .56 - .8 inch now. So many things are changing in your baby every day now. If you could look at your baby closely, you'd see the tip of his nose and the eyelids developing, ears are forming as well. The heart and lungs are continuing to develop and now the bronchi (the tubes that lead to the the lungs from the trachea) are starting to branch out. Arms are growing longer and baby now has elbows!!! All this just 6 weeks after conception!!

When I read that the baby had eyelids, I couldn't believe it, after the fourth pregnancy I really should know this!

So here we go on another Heath adventure, aren't you on the edge of your seat to see what happens next? We sure are!!

I wish I had some news on the job front, well we kind of do, but we're not mentioning it quite yet. We'll just let you know when a job is confirmed! Thanks so much for those that have prayed and fasted for us. We truly feel the boost.

And thanks for all the well wishes for baby. I am finally grasping the idea!

14 comments:

Lori said...

I had no idea. You always have that "glow" thing going on. I am so excited for you. To say "I wish I was you would be an understatement." Just when I think I am done longing for another baby (this morning as a matter of fact) someone tells me they're preggo & my heart longs for one all over again. Next year I'll be 40 so I guess the door is pretty much closed on this subject. My dear hubbie NEVER broaches the subject. I think it's taboo. :) Anyway, do you mind if I vicariously live through this pregnancy with ya?

Erin said...

Number 4 was a surprise for us too. It us both awhile to get used to the idea. It is good to have nine months to prepare. But now that she is here I can't imagine any other timing. It really is perfect that Lizzy will have a friend close to her in age. I know things will work out for you.

becca said...

Awe. 4 is a little crazy, but eyelids... that is so amazing! Remember, your body is mountain climbing while you are sleeping!!! this is nothing compared to other challenges you have faced. Love ya!!

Bastianclan said...

Congrats Lucy! yeah a shock to you I am sure. But what a miricle. I am so happy for you, I will pray for you in the job department. And Yes I will take care of your friend. She is in good hands... (No I am not allstate) Giggles. I think she is already sick of me calling her. LOL. I really am so happy for you and this wonderful blessing of baby #4 Congrats!!!
Tina

Sarah said...

I was the same way with Gigi. We weren't planning on having another one yet. It was (we thought) the worst timing imaginable. We found out I was pregnant right before Steve left for Korea for a year!! It took me months to really be happy about it. But, as these things always do, it worked out. And I can't imagine life without her.

Marianne said...

Lucy, I really appreciate your candor. Although, I was super happy when I found out I was pregnant with Vivian, sometimes I find myself saying, 'What on earth was I thinking?'

I say that and in the next moment I am hugging and comforting her and loving her. Motherhood is such a roller coaster.

Harmony said...

This reminds me of the movie "Juno" where she finds out her baby has fingernails and it blows her mind.

But, you're not a teenage mother...hmmm, I'm not going any further with this.

I think having more kids it always like sky diving. You're scared, but the trip is going to be AWESOME! I'm so excited for you--you're going to do great.

If you get freaked out, just think of baby eyelids! :-)

Crystal said...

Your eyelids thought reminded me of Juno where she finds out her baby has fingernails. :)


I'm sure you remember my opposite experience with a miscarriage. Heavenly Father smacks my plans all over the place I think I'll stop making them.

Emily said...

Lucy, I know just how you feel- I'm glad everything is starting to feel better. These things are mysterious blessings that we sometimes don't understand at first, but can't imagine our lives without later. I know everything will work out for you guys!

MaryRuth said...

Just be grateful you don't have to pay $15,000 to get pregnant :)

Four! Congrats!

Monique said...

Oh Lucy. It is so like you to keep us in suspense. :) I just hope everything works out for you and your family. I just remember telling my brother with his surprise that they have a baby who is watching their reaction up in heaven and already loves you. It just gave another perspective, though if I found out I was pregnant with #4 right now, you would have to help ME out with some perspective. Love ya!

EmilieAn said...

welcome to my ranks.
I'm sorry. I know how you feel and applaud you for swung the truth to.

Shilae said...

I love how honest you're being about your feelings. I can't imagine the stress you're feeling, but I'll definitely pray for you and your family. Four will be fantastic, and they couldn't ask for a better mom.

Sarah said...

Congratulations! and you are not alone in your feelings. I call Sean my little blessing because that is what he turned out to be, but that is not how I felt at first. When I found I was pregnant I was shocked. We had only been married 6 months, I just quit my job to go back to school full time, Justin had been deployed for 8 whole days, I was alone in Hawaii with no real friends, and I knew Justin would not be able to call for another 10 days. But in the end Sean gave me something to concentrate on other than Justin being gone, I ended up making the best friend of my life and Justin was shockingly thrilled.

I know that we have different views on religion, but my Grandmother told me something that helped me and I hope it will help you. God has an angel who needs your help and your love, he knows the struggles you are going through but knows that you and your family is exactly what he/she needs.

You have more strength than you know.