Friday, July 04, 2008

Relaxation, Sort Of




Josh and I went a couple weekends ago, away to a Bed and Breakfast for a culinary weekend. I was so excited for my perfect gift. Many things were right with the weekend, the weather, no kids, but the place, sort of a letdown. No real planning on their part, I won't go into details. Anyway, I let her know that I was disappointed and she was sorry and blamed a million other people. Then we went through this email exchange, and I thought we had come to an agreement that was fair. Well last night Josh and I received a phone call from the Innkeeper. Full on yelling at Josh, about how we put a review in 10 different places online, and she's had all these cancelations, etc. It wasn't even us?!? She was CRAZY!! Have you ever heard of a business owner calling you at home after you checked out, and yell at you?? I mean really, it was unbelievable. Oh well, we did have a pretty nice time. We enjoyed an afternoon on a hammock, which was way cool, and stay away from the Hideaway Inn in Bucyrus, OH. Wowsers.

Oh and some of my buddies do a QotD - from their kids, how about this from Hallie:

"Mommy, I can turn ice into water! That's my SUPER POWER!"

6 comments:

Sarah said...

That's super crazy! I'd put up reviews now if I were you.

Amanda said...

Yikes! And now that you didn't leave those reviews you are probably dying to do so. I can't believe they did that! But I'm glad you guys got a weekend away.

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Wow. That just makes me cringe at the lack of professionalism they exhibited.

I'm glad you had a nice time, though!

MaryRuth said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe she called you!!! TACKY!!!

One time I had a hairdresser call me and demanded to know why I was getting my hair done at a different place. Ummm... because you're rude and expensive and hard to get in to.

Sheesh.

Glad you got to get away though!

Bastianclan said...

Oh my word Lucy I can't believe they would call you at home. That is crazy!!!!! I'm glad you and Josh had a weekend without the kiddos.
Tina

becca said...

um, nutso! the hammock looks nice, I wish I had one. Hallie is a goof!