Friday, July 11, 2008

Good Week!


Well, as life would have it, we've gone from a bum, scary, depressing week, to one great week. Several job interviews, a couple great prospects, some interest in the house, and we've got more work accomplished on the house, our basement is looking great! Nothing like a little prayer, and much more faith to get you in the right mindset! I read parts of Standing For Something by Gordon B. Hinckley - One paragraph later, and I was working with faith in mind!

"If there is any one thing that you and I need, to help us find success and fulfillment in this world, it is faith--that dynamic, powerful, marvelous element by which, as Paul declared, the very worlds were framed. I refer not to some ethereal concept but to a practical, pragmatic, working faith--the kind of faith that moves us to get on our knees and plead with the Lord for guidance, and then, having a measure of divine confidence, get on our feet and go to work to help bring the desired results to pass. Such faith is an asset beyond compare. Such faith is, when all is said and done, our only genuine and lasting hope."

I literally got up, knelt and prayed, and then went to work. Josh, too, is implementing this principle, and here we are, a week later, with a lot accomplished, truly believing all will work out.

So need a good read - Standing for Something - 10 neglected virtues that will heal our hearts and homes, give this one a whirl.

3 comments:

becca said...

ooh I love this book! you have inspired me to dig it out and read it again. Love that approach, praying, having faith, and acting! i think the action step is the most important and the most forgotten. Thanks for the lift sis!! So glad to hear some good news and good vibes are coming around. Love ya! B

Lori said...

I have this book Lucy & you've made me get it out & read it again. I'm headed to the pool w/ the kiddos. Perfect timing! Thanks & I'm glad to hear your weeks going better.

Gwenda said...

Been wanting to read this. Need to get my hands on a copy!