Monday, July 14, 2008

Updates

JOBThere's a job we're up for that progressed a little more today. It's a HUGE move, so we're curious to see if it's what we do, several more interviews this week. We're keeping our fingers crossed for a decision, soon.
HOUSE
We had a realtor call last night for a showing.... and we are DEFINITELY keeping our fingers crossed for this one. We've always said, once someone sees this house, they're going to love it, we just have to get them through the door!!
The showing is Wednesday, wish us more luck. We just don't fit here anymore. Even if we stayed in this area, with number four working we need a tad bigger.

Then I had to say Good-Bye to one of me bestest friends ever. I've had three friends leave me in a span of 2 weeks. Seriously. My life is so hard right now, and then to make matters worse my support systems are moving to Colorado, Georgia, and Arizona, I might as well go jump in a lake. We love the military. Why? Our amazing friends. Sonia, you left me the sweetest message, and I just couldn't call you back, I've been weepy all night. You know I love you, and we'll see you soon.

Did I mention that this is the friend that I decorated her pew for her birthday at church?? Only a few saw it, but it was so worth it. I know, don't be standing next to me during the Second Coming.

Anyway, as I was wallowing in self-pity today. A sweet sister from the ward called and asked if she could bring me dinner. After Colson announced in primary that I was pregnant a few more people took note, I guess. Anyway, she said she always promised to take care of women with morning sickness. Well, as I've yakked a bit this week, I welcomed it. She truly made me feel like Heavenly Father knew me, and my sorrows, as my dear friends are leaving. She probably has no idea the blessing it was to me, more than just the food, and the ginger ale!!, she truly was inspired. Thank you Tami!! She's not even military! See, there's great people everywhere!!

And finally I'm taking on Lori's challenge of reading the Book of Mormon in 30 days. I did it once in College, and it was in august, so it makes perfect sense. So, if I'm not blogging, it's because I'm reading. If you need a pick me up - give it a whirl, who knows the change it could have on you!

Again we thank you all for your prayers and support. We do feel them. I am sure that the job Heavenly Father wants Josh to do is being prepared specifically for him. We feel Satan working on us as we are struggling to keep our Faith in line. I had a friend inspire me today and I recalled a line from Josh's Patriarchal Blessing. I had forgotten about it, but needless to say, it lifted my spirits as I realized the Lord is truly clearing a pathway to Josh's important role, in his life's work. Now if only I can remember this when we're feeling discouraged!!

Anyway, we hope to have some "real" news soon.

9 comments:

Amanda said...

Saying goodbye is the worst part of the military. But soon you'll be the one saying goodbye to everyone else as you guys move on to that fabulous new job that's just waiting for Josh. I'm sorry I haven't kept you abreast of what's going on with us. Anton ended up having to drop out of the pilot program he'd been selected for due to air sickness. That was a year ago. We've been waiting ever since for separation orders. We now have them and can finally move on. So that's our story in a nutshell. Good luck with the house showing!! And take care of that little #4!

becca said...

awe, hang in there sis! I am so glad you have some people looking after you besides those great friend who I was counting on taking care of you!! We are keeping you in our prayers and Josh will have a job soon, I know it!!

Harmony said...

First of all, I think I like you 100 times more knowing you decorated someone's pew for their birthday (and I already really liked you!) That makes me laugh!

Good for you for reading the Book of Mormon. I did the 30 day challenge after President Hinckley passed away and it was amazing.

I'm thinking and praying for you long distance! Good luck!

Unknown said...

I love that you decorated the pew at church! Haha! Too funny! We'll keep you in mind and in our prayers while Josh is waiting for a job. We've been there and understand the frustration of waiting and waiting.

Emily said...

Sounds like things are heading in the right direction- Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Sarah said...

I hate moving away from friends. Good thing we have blogs to help keep in touch huh? Hang in there Lucy~ we love you and are praying for you!

{leah} said...

My prayers are with you. I don't think the moving is so bad, it's when others move away from you that makes it hard. I hope all goes well the house and the job!!

Bastianclan said...

Lucy,
you are the B-day queen. I have never decorated someones pew at church. That is awesome!!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Harmony said...

Ooooh, just remembered! If you are coming out here, you are REQUIRED to have my take your pictures. It's not an option. Oh, that would be so exciting!