Tuesday, July 01, 2008

One Year Ago Today.

I was still pregnant at this time a year ago but stuff had started happening. Anyway, Contractions had started, very sporadic, we went to church, I had a contraction in church during sacrament that brought tears to my eyes. I still bore my testimony about prayer! We skipped out a few minutes early, went for a walk with my neighbor Angel, definite ouchie contractions, but still not regular. I decided to go ahead and go to the hospital, we were closing on our house the next day so I just wanted to make sure we weren't having the baby. We definitely were. Linds came over took my kids for the evening, I think spent the night at our house. Arrived at the hospital about a quarter to six. I walked myself up, joked with the nurses, told them I was headed home, but to check me anyway. (I didn't even have Josh bring up the overnight bag) Um. I was at a five and I was staying. Things progressed quickly from there, from no regular contractions to, 2 and half hours later, A GIRL, had arrived. We were so sure it was a boy, what a fun surprise!!

Laila is my only o' natural baby. I had a tylenol for a headache when I first got there, but that was it. There was some screaming, no swearing if you can believe it! I did black out once from the pain, it was quick but, I still remember briefly losing consciousness. SCARY. Anyway, I knew I wanted to do it, just to be able to say I did it(plus my two sisters had both done it), and of course I truly thought my recovery would be better, as would the baby's. I was right. I felt like super woman after Laila arrived. I remember saying over and over again, I can't believe I just did that, I can't believe I just did that. Josh was amazing, truly present. Considering he was noticably absent the last time. We waited the longest for Laila, we were both there, and it was such a great experience. Believe it or not, natural is the plan next time, too.

It's been a crazy year, but Laila is our stress relief. She is THE PERFECT baby. So gentle, sweet, fun, we love her calming presence. We're a little concerned with her lack of mobility, however, we think she's just so laid back that she could care less! We'll be talking with our doctor next week.

Tonight it's a menu of mushy food she gets to enjoy, and her first birthday cake was free!! SCORE!! We love you miss Laila and hoping for many more!!

The pictures are from my blog, at each month milestone.
















1

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Laila!!!! We love you and miss you! Hope you enjoy that cake!

Uncle Jared, Aunt Kimmie and Cousin Andy!

Alexis said...

Laila is such a cutie! I love the bows you made.Congratulations on being pregnant! Is it going to be another suprise? P.S. I totally agree with you about going all natural, you feel great afterwards...now if you just didn't have to endure all that PAIN!

Sarah said...

She's gorgeous! I don't think I've ever seen her in person! Man it's been a quick and crazy year. I miss my Ft Meade friends.

LNJ said...

Happy Birthday Laila!
Lucy, I know what you mean by feeling like Superwoman. I don't think I could've made it through even half of the crap I've gone through the past couple of years without first knowing the strength we possess as mothers. And I can't wait to do it again! If our husbands knew how it really was, they would be totally jealous! We should start a club!

Unknown said...

Happy 1st Birthday Laila!

I think she'll make a great big sister! Congratulations on your previous post!

Anonymous said...

Awwww, I can't believe she's one already! What a cutie pie!!! I LOVE her smile with those teeth!

Erin said...

So fun to see her growing up month by month. Thanks for sharing all the cute pics. I've had mine all natural and sometimes I think that yes, that was great and I feel like Superwoman. And then other times I remember how hard it was and I never want to do it again it makes me think I am all done having kids.

becca said...

ooh Laila!! got me on my knees pretty girl! she looks lovely in that last photo especially!!! Happy Birthday to a sweetie pie!

Crystal said...

Do you guys have a job yet? Apparently, if you don't mind Texas, my dad has been offered like 3 new jobs (there was some talk the contract he works on would not be renewed) recently. Apparently the intel jobs are plenty here.

Gwenda said...

Beautiful, beautiful baby! Can't wait to see the next one!