Friday, September 19, 2008

Registering to Vote

I had a friend ask me about this, and so this is what I can do to help, BECAUSE EVERY STATE is different!!

Couple things you can do:

Pick up a voter registration at your library - fill it out send it in.

I think most states require you to register 30 days before the election so time is running out!!! That would be October 4th.

You can also go here! Even if you're not a McCain fan, you can get the right forms for your state, and print them from home, and mail it in.

From this website, I believe you can also request an absentee ballot, if you have recently moved. Military personnel in most states can register at any time.


Good Luck!

2 comments:

The Terrell Family said...

Your local DMV/BMV will have the form also.

Des said...

I am pretty sure this was at my request. Thanks for the tips! I will try to get my driver's license switched to Idaho and should get a form then I am thinking. If not, I will probably go the absentee route. I am a little leary to loose my MD license. Seriously, it got me out of a ticket in Nevada. Cop: "why are you so far from home?" Me: because my husbands in the Military... Cop: "well I sure appreciate your sacrifice(hands me my license) have a nice day" Um...so maybe more the absentee route for sure:)