Friday, October 10, 2008

Camera Finds

In an effort to contribute to my own challenge, I opted to head to my FAVORITE way of recording my families happenings, my camera... and I just LOVED what I found.



The latest of Family Projects... Josh and I have way TOO MUCH time on our hands thanks to a contract ending, and a delayed beginning, BUT, for Halloween this year our SUPER kids, are dressing up like SUPER HEROES... AKA the Justice League, we'll have FLASH, SUPERMAN, and WONDER WOMAN. Josh and I will be Batman, and Hawk Girl (she's a part of the Justice League, FYI), ANYWAY, for our church's trunk or treat we decided to make a Justice League Command Center. I had Colson take apart a phone, and we hot glued wires, etc., used some spray paint, and ta da, the back of the van will be converted to the perfect place for the Justice League to meet. We're handing out Bazooka gum (comic strips included) along with American flag tootsie rolls, we're way too excited for Halloween this year, but we've had a TON OF FUN planning this!



When Laila gets up in the morning or from her nap, we hear the squeals of delight as we walk by her room... she hears our footsteps and is SURE we're on our way to get her. Today, I wanted to make sure I captured this moment of JOY, seeing her cutie pie face when she was getting up!



I caught this little girl in a tree at church, during the labor day picnic... how cute is she??



Is this classic Colson or what? I couldn't capture the moment any better - his army guys set up with a battle, including a stone barrier. I will ALWAYS remember Colson this way.



And finally, I found this number. I walked into the living room one weekend morning to find ALL the kiddos cuddled with daddy... I love the look on his face. Hope he knows he has to make room for one more.


Thanks so much to everyone that participated in the JOY search. I was so uplifted by every one's entries, and have set some new goals for myself. Really I have so many reasons to smile. Life is good.

9 comments:

Harmony said...

What a cool Halloween idea! You are seriously such a cool mom. I plan to wear a D.I. wedding dress (what? I'm PSYCHO bride!) and throw Tootsie Rolls at kids.

Thank you for the Joy in the Journey challenge. I had another friend do it on her blog as well (http://bozandhisbeauties.blogspot.com/2008/10/finding-joy.html)

You're AWESOME!

Christy said...

Love it. I love it all soo cute.

becca said...

ooh its looking so cool! you guys are awesome!

love all the pics too. I have a picture of Colson, when he must have been 2 or so, and he was playing with army guys. too cute!

Gwenda said...

Yes, I would agree, you have too much time on your hands! LOL! I love fall, it is my favorite season! However, there is one thing I don't like about fall -- Halloween! I am so not into any of it! Thanks for all the work you're putting into trick or trunk, I know my children will love it! I'll be there handing out candy, but that's about it.

Lori said...

My Josh can be found doing the same thing as Colson. There is always one battle going on around here after another. A boy can never have enough Army men. Thank God for the Dollar Tree.

Nathan said...

cool command center!

LNJ said...

me and my friend Amy went as Batman and Robin one Halloween for work. We made really cheep suits and masks out of felt. It was really fun, I'll email you the pic in case you need inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Okay, now your costumes and everything made sense, at the T and T today. See, I've been reading updated blogs via the Followers gadget in my dashboard and for some reason, it doesn't let me know when a private blog is updated, so I hadn't realized you'd posted all this!

VERY cute pictures, Lucy!

Sarah said...

I love the costume ideas! Gigi used to pretend to be Hawkgirl all the time. We even had to call her that. We're dressing up as star wars characters this year. I'll have to tell Steve about the JLA idea for next year.