Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Employed, Round Two

Well, I haven't fully confessed the extent of our situation the past month. But, we have definitely been out of work, and no pay was the scenario. Thank Heavens we were in this house before, and none of our bills have changed... so we could manage a little time off, due to the chunk of money Josh made in six weeks at the last place of employment. I haven't been COMPLETELY frugal, please note a previous post. But we've been trying to save for however long this scenario would be. We were really hoping Josh would get right back on the contract he was working on, just with a different company. But three weeks have passed, and still no word. We just don't have the luxury of time right now, and another opportunity presented itself.

It requires a move south, about 3 and half hours, if you want details, email I'll let you know where we are headed.

Josh begins work on Monday, as does insurance. Which means we spent no time without, or having to pay for Cobra. Another blessing.

We visited the ward this past weekend, at least one of them, and I think we're going to like it. They're redoing the ward boundaries next year because of a brand new stake center so we don't even have to worry about that when finding our next home.

I just can't believe I'll be moving a third time while pregnant. I guess I shouldn't be so surprised!! :)

Josh and I are excited about the possibility and we both feel like we can finally plant our feet.

We came back from our trip and discussed things like school for Colson, me and my pregnancy, along with what to do with our house, we decided we would just rent it, and do the best we could. We come home to find a message on our voicemail about someone interested in renting to own our property!! What great news. Who knows what will happen, but we're hopeful, and busy cleaning to show them the property tomorrow.

Although, we would never wish unemployment on anyone, we're thankful for the time we've had together, we truly have been spoiled hanging out together. And lets hope that's our only trial. Did I mention he'll have a ten minute commute?? That alone is wonderful!!

Anyway, that's the latest, and who knows when everything will happen, but we'll try and keep you posted as we find Joy in our Journey, in yet, another state!

7 comments:

Crystal said...

Isn't it great when everything finally works out. I always feel like it's that moment that Heavenly Father says, "Okay, you've made it through the trial...enjoy life for a while."

Yay for short commutes and for people renting your house!

Bastianclan said...

Lucy I am so happy for you. I am glad things are starting to work out. It will be nice to plant your roots. Someday we will get there. WE Love the Army life too mcuh. When are you due again? Have a good one.
Tina

Gwenda said...

So much for staying around until spring... bummer! Well, sounds like the Lord has a plan for your family the way things have been working out, that's wonderful! You'll be greatly missed!

slopsemafamily said...

Where are you moving too?

LNJ said...

Moving while pregnant is the best, because you have a valid excuse to do NOTHING! Congrats on the job!

Emily said...

I'm glad everything is working out- I knew it would! Did you get my package? I'll give you a call later.

MaryRuth said...

where are you moving? congrats on the new job!!!