Thursday, October 16, 2008

PT for Laila



A while ago I wrote about parents who push and prod their children to the top - encouraging them to walk early, early, early. Well, I'm still not a fan of this theory, I do think you should allow the kids to do their thing. However, Laila, seems to seriously do her thing, and that's it. I decided to go against the Doctor's suggestion and get her evaluated. She does qualify for physical therapy. Not because she's not walking, but because her scoot doesn't count as crawling or creeping. So we now have the pleasure of a physical therapist coming into the home once a week to encourage the crawling and walking. We had her evaluated a week or so ago, and the very next day she pulled to a stand, two days later she's begun to crawl. So apparently Laila heard the rumors she was going to have to do some work, and decided to take matters into her own hands. Her PT lady came today for her first appointment, and I have to say, it was pretty fun to see Laila 'work'. I just love this little girl, her personality is so unique, and she brings this special spirit to our home. Each of my children are blessings to us in each of their unique ways. I do love being a mom, especially because of the specific four children I get to teach, train, and nurture.

BTW, job offer came through today, and we're looking forward to the possibility.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

See, now I feel all guilty. I just posted about my child being evil and you are all in love with your kids. Danggit...finding joy in the screaming naked kid, finding joy in the screaming naked kid...

I do love that picture. She's so happy!

Anonymous said...

Wow, she looks like big SIS in that picture!

Beats to her own drummer, that girl...